Valued Contributor

No More TCM with Frontier

[ Edited ]

Last night I turned on TCM & wasn't able to access it.  I just called Frontier account services & they said Frontier & TCM were not able to come to an agreement so the channel is no longer in any Frontier package!  I am so bummed!  So I would have to change companies to get it, & around here that would be Spectrum.  

Esteemed Contributor

Re: No More TCM with Frontier

@tipsy wrote:

Last night I turned on TCM & wasn't able to access it.  I just called Frontier account services & they said Frontier & TCM were not able to come to an agreement so the channel is longer in any Frontier package!  I am so bummed!  So I would have to change companies to get it, & around here that would be Spectrum.  

@tipsy  I am tired of the cat and mouse game between TV providers and the networks. It seems channels come and go because of money conflicts and we the consumer lose out.  Hopefully they continue to negotiate and you get TCM back.  TCM would be a big lose for me.

Highlighted
Respected Contributor

I would love to have TCM but here, with Comcast Xfinity, I would have to get some sport package and pay more.  Since my bill is already ridiculously high, that will not be happening....

It must be terrible to have had it and then lose it.  DERN these cable companies...........

“I heard the sound I had to follow”
In Your Wildest Dreams by Justin Hayward
Honored Contributor

TCM must be the one who doesn't like to 'play nice', it's not on Xfinity either.

Their loss, IMO.

You never know how strong you are until being strong is the only choice you have.
Honored Contributor

you can watch TCM for free via the website USTVGO.net , but you have to download their VPN for that channel.

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing." - Albert Einstein
Esteemed Contributor

I also have Frontier and I just checked my tv. Right now one of those chit chatty things is on between movies. Already over a few min ago was Tarzan and the Green Goddess and up next The Policy Girl. So seems I still have it....for now anyway.

Don't know if it matters but I'm in Ct. AND MY BILL FOR THE NEXT PAYMENT DUE WENT UP AGAIN ..........aaarrgghhhh

Esteemed Contributor

@4kitties wrote:

I would love to have TCM but here, with Comcast Xfinity, I would have to get some sport package and pay more.  Since my bill is already ridiculously high, that will not be happening.... You 

It must be terrible to have had it and then lose it.  DERN these cable companies...........

@4kitties I have Comcast Cable and HBO. When you subscribe to HBO, you get HBO MAX.

which includes movies from TCM. 

Respected Contributor

Thanks for the info.  I am just tired of paying more and more to them.  And then extra for Netflix, etc.  I really want TCM but just refuse to pay even more.  And, I really do not want HBO..........

I probably sound silly, because I should just pay more and get it, but I just feel like I have to draw the line at some point, and I guess this is it.  🙃🙃🙃

“I heard the sound I had to follow”
In Your Wildest Dreams by Justin Hayward
Respected Contributor

I’m with Cox and still get it, thankfully. Don’t know that I would be willing to pay extra to get it since costs keep increasing as it is. Seems like Cox goes up at least twice a year. There is a cost associated with keeping up with technology.
Esteemed Contributor

If you want to ditch cable and go to streaming TCM is on HULU Plus.