Honored Contributor

Re: No More TCM with Frontier

[ Edited ]

We don't have Frontier but our cable provider made TCM an upgrade so unless we pay more we can no longer watch.

I miss some of the great movies and even enjoyed the "silent" movies.

Bummer.

"" Compassion is a verb."-Thich Nhat Hanh
Honored Contributor

we have xfinity and already subscribed to the sports package that they attached TCM to, so we never lost the channel.

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing." - Albert Einstein
Respected Contributor

I would love to have TCM, but I refuse to pay for tv anymore (other than Prime, which I would have anyway for shopping).

There is more than enough to pick from with Prime, free streaming, and my antenna.  

But darn....TCM has great programming!

Honored Contributor

I have Dish and (so far) TCM has not been a problem.

But I still don't have my local Fox channel after over four months of a contract dispute.  And we just got NBC back after a month of the same.

Guess that's why people go to streaming.  But I think that will end up not being cost effective in the long run either.

Six of one...

Valued Contributor

@shaggygirl wrote:

I also have Frontier and I just checked my tv. Right now one of those chit chatty things is on between movies. Already over a few min ago was Tarzan and the Green Goddess and up next The Policy Girl. So seems I still have it....for now anyway.

Don't know if it matters but I'm in Ct. AND MY BILL FOR THE NEXT PAYMENT DUE WENT UP AGAIN ..........aaarrgghhhh

@shaggygirl after reading your post I called them again & asked if it was different depending on which state you're in.  I'm in CA. So as of last night here is the info I have gotten:

*Last night the guy said they took it off Jan 1st

*This morning the rep said they couldn't come to an agreement & it's gone

*2nd call this morning at first said it was only on the Ultimate & Extreme packages

*Then she said it's still on the Essentials package which is what I have

*They tried to fix remotely & it came on for a minute but now is off

* Will continue to try to fix remotely within 48 hours but if not, someone will come out to check my equipment

So that's where I'm at for now!

I am really sorry that the title of my thread is now inaccurate, too bad the rep who told me that was misinformed!

Respected Contributor

@tipsy   I know how you feel.  I have Comcast and the same thing happened with TCM.  I had heard all of the stories that in order to get TCM, you would have to subscribe to a sports package!  I called Comcast customer service and inquired if there was a way for me to get TCM without subcribing to their sports package.  Even the rep was stumped and wasn't able to answer that.  I'm not sure whose fault it is - Comcast or TCM.  I do know we lose channels all the time without notice from Comcast.  And my bill still is the same ridiculously high price.  

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

@tipsy wrote:

@shaggygirl wrote:

I also have Frontier and I just checked my tv. Right now one of those chit chatty things is on between movies. Already over a few min ago was Tarzan and the Green Goddess and up next The Policy Girl. So seems I still have it....for now anyway.

Don't know if it matters but I'm in Ct. AND MY BILL FOR THE NEXT PAYMENT DUE WENT UP AGAIN ..........aaarrgghhhh

@shaggygirl after reading your post I called them again & asked if it was different depending on which state you're in.  I'm in CA. So as of last night here is the info I have gotten:

*Last night the guy said they took it off Jan 1st

*This morning the rep said they couldn't come to an agreement & it's gone

*2nd call this morning at first said it was only on the Ultimate & Extreme packages

*Then she said it's still on the Essentials package which is what I have

*They tried to fix remotely & it came on for a minute but now is off

* Will continue to try to fix remotely within 48 hours but if not, someone will come out to check my equipment

So that's where I'm at for now!

I am really sorry that the title of my thread is now inaccurate, too bad the rep who told me that was misinformed!

@tipsy 

When I had to call JUST LAST WEEK (emphasized because I had to call just 2 weeks prior about another problem) about an issue I was having I got into a discussion with the rep about the pricing going up and inquired which package do I have (I have the Extreme) and what is the next lowest one and how much would that save me. He asked what channels I watch the most and sure enough if I went down a package I'd loose the ones I watch most.

My bill has been creeping up a little at a time but this was the largest increase in awhile. I'm now up to $325 a month! That's for internet, tv w/4 boxes w/dvr's and 2 landline phone numbers. 

I considered switching to Comcast but my best friend & hubby just did that last week and so far they've had to have techs return twice to try to get them squared away because apparently the guy who did the original install didn't know his a** from his elbow and neither did the two other techs who came after him. The hubby finally had some techie person he knows come to the house and get things right. They got a call from somebody at Comcast who wants the hubby to come in and discuss his unhappiness. No doubt because he called and gave them his scathing opinion of the 3 techs who didn't know what they were doing. 

Valued Contributor

@shaggygirl I started off with FiOS which was awesome, but then they sold out to Frontier.  It was a mess at 1st but eventually has been OK & I've been satisfied.  My bill is $146. for landline, cable (2 TVs) & internet.  I took off the DVR several years ago to cut the cost, & if I want to add it they have to come & switch out my equipment & there is always a problem when that happens so I live without the DVR.  I don't watch much TV so really don't mind.

The Comcast techs were probably subcontracted out & were not actual Comcast employees.  I learned about that from other family members who have Comcast Xfinity & if they send out a subcontractor they usually don't know what they're doing. It's probably the same with the other cable companies.

Thanks for all your input!

Valued Contributor

@walkingal who would think that just getting one little channel would be such a hassle!  And to have to commit to getting a sports package is awful!  I like the Olympics ice dancing & figure skating but that's it LOL

Honored Contributor

@tipsy 

TCM is on Sling too, but you have to add their "Hollywood Extra" option to your package for an extra $5 a month.......Woman Sad

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”