Honored Contributor

Nexflix "A Family Affair" with Nicole Kidman & Zac Efron

[ Edited ]

This one looks good.  Zac Efron and Nicole fall for each other.  Zac is Nicole's daughter's boss.  Daughter played by Joey King.

Nicole Kidman, in a chic black ensemble with gold jewelry, and Zac Efron, in a grey suit, are sitting together in an elegant setting, smiling at the camera

In the first frame, Joey King lies on the floor looking upwards. In the second frame, Zac Efron and Nicole Kidman, in disheveled states, inspect something closely

Did anyone see them together in 2012's The Paperboy?   

Millennium Entertainment /Courtesy Everett Collection

Zac Efron in a black tuxedo and Nicole Kidman in a one-shoulder gown at "Paperboy" premiere

Respected Contributor

Re: Nexflix "A Family Affair" with Nicole Kidman & Zac Efron

I like Nicole Kidman, looks like a good one @San Antonio Gal 

Trusted Contributor

We watched last night - it was cute, not an Oscar contender but worth watching.

Trusted Contributor

I watched this today, it's okay but just marginally.

I like both actors a lot.

I think the daughter was the standout in it.

Nicole's mother in law is the wonderful actor Bates, she looks very attractive and not as old and matronly as she does in numerous movies, less tired.

She's wonderful in every project she is in.

Esteemed Contributor

@Alsace Gal wrote:

Nicole's mother in law is the wonderful actor Bates, she looks very attractive and not as old and matronly as she does in numerous movies, less tired.

@Alsace Gal    Agree,  it was just okay.   I too feel the daughter was the stand out definitely!   I always love Kathy Bates in every role she does ,  she's great !

Trusted Contributor

@Kitty Galore wrote:

@Alsace Gal wrote:

@Alsace Gal    Agree,  it was just okay.   I too feel the daughter was the stand out definitely!   I always love Kathy Bates in every role she does ,  she's great !

@Kitty Galore 

I couldn't remember how to spell Ms. Bates first name, a C or a K.

Valued Contributor

I thought this movie was not even worth watching. I am amazed N Kidman even signed up to make it. I didn't even recognize Zac Efron and seriously NK's hairdo was distracting. Granted K Bates and the actresswho played the daughter were very good but the plot of the older woman and young man is just boring to me.

Valued Contributor

It was just OK, I felt like the daughter acted like a brat though, making everything about her. Side note- I thought Nicole Kidman's hair was terrible!! Hated the color and the way she wore it. 

Regular Contributor

I really felt that Nicole Kidman looked more like his mother.  Why would he even be attracted to her.  Although I did like the pairing of the two in the 2012 movie The Paperboy I really found this movie boring.  Had it not for Kathy Bates and the actress that played Nicole's daughter, I would not have wasted my time watching this movie.

Esteemed Contributor

It was ok and it held my attention. 

Joey King who played Zara the daughter sure has grown from White House Down where she played Channing Tatum's daughter.