Respected Contributor

@occasionalrain wrote:

When a contestant has a winning streak, more watch and ratings go up. I don't want limits, and it would seem that I'm far from alone in that. Jeopardy is unique among game shows, fans get invested in the contestants who continue to defeat their opponents. Jeopardy is the only game show that interests me.

@occasionalrain   I agree with you on the limitations for contestants not happening.

When champions are on a streak, the ratings definitely go up.  You want to tune in to see if they are able to continue.  Those runs are exciting to see.  It was enjoyable to follow along with Amy, Matt and Mattea.

If random people are playing, it becomes far less interesting for me.

"Justice will not be served until those who are unaffected are as outraged as those who are." BF
Trusted Contributor

@Tinkrbl44 wrote:

@Love my grandkids wrote:

@candyagain He sounds like a sore loser who needs a job!

@Love my grandkids   @candyagain 

Levar has a lot of loyal fans who cheered him on, but he wasn't anywhere near the top of the list of new host candidates.   He just has a lot of fans.  

I loved him in Star Trek New Generation as Geordi and my daughter was a big fan of Reading Rainbow. He just wasn't a good fit for Jeopardy host looking at his guest audition.

Respected Contributor

Re: New Jeopardy Host

[ Edited ]

I hope it's Ken Jennings, though I wouldn't be disappointed with Buzzy. I think in many ways Mayim is really doing a great job. I have to say, I loved Alex all day long, but what the heck 🤔was he doing at the podium with that exaggerated hand motion which looked like frantic circling or checking off something on paper before him? What was that all about? Mayim just stands there with her hands at either side of the podium, as relaxed as can be lol. I like her delivery, too.

That said, I think she has to go. Yes, to her credit, she stopped trying to make "Single Jeopardy" happen; it was never going to happen lol. But she has a major flaw, which shows no signs of improving: a serious lag time in ruling a response correct/incorrect which has resulted in scoring changes. In fact, much was made of the last woman whose name I don't remember--I think she had a 6-day streak. Some viewers said Mayim "interrupted" a response of hers, resulting in an incorrect answer and another contestant ringing in with the correct answer. That's a crock of baloney. When you ring in, you should have a response ready. But what happened a few times with this woman, and what's been happening with other contestants, is that Mayim's delay in ruling on a response leads the contestants to *change* theirs, and that is unfair to everyone else. Mayim claims to be looking to judges for guidance, but she should be beyond that now. And since there's been no change in that aspect of her hosting duties, and it's an important one...they need to just get Ken in there!😀

What worries you masters you.
Esteemed Contributor

WHO is Buzzy Cohen??? 

Esteemed Contributor

@RainCityWoman wrote:

WHO is Buzzy Cohen??? 

@RainCityWoman 

This is Buzzy Cohen ~

Buzzy Cohen Wiki & Bio

Taken from Wikipedia ~

"Austin David "Buzzy" Cohen (born March 5, 1985) is a recording music industry executive and trivia enthusiast from Los Angeles CA best known for his association with the game show Jeopardy! Cohen was the Grand Champion of the 2017 Tournament of Champions and later appeared in the All-Star Games in 2019 and as a guest host for the show's 2021 Tournament of Champions following host Alex Trebek's death."

Teachers Tournament: David's Epic Comeback | J!Buzz | Jeopardy.com

Honored Contributor

Well, no one will ever be Alex .... but Mr Trebek would be shocked and amused with how difficult it has been to replace him.  

Even fairly simple things can get unbelievably screwed up.   Boggles the mind.

You're a hard act to follow, Alex.  RIP.  Heart

Honored Contributor

I kept saying give the job to Buzzy. He would be great at being the next permanent host. He's great at this, very intelligent, a fabulous dresser, and very easy on the eyes. 

Honored Contributor

@PINKdogWOOD wrote:

I kept saying give the job to Buzzy. He would be great at being the next permanent host. He's great at this, very intelligent, a fabulous dresser, and very easy on the eyes. 

I agree, can you imagine the budget for his wardrobe alone.

Respected Contributor

Re: New Jeopardy Host

[ Edited ]

I wish the "contenders" would stop talking about the permanent Jeopardy! host gig. Mayim is making the rounds, Ken and Buzzy continue to tweet...at this point, it wouldn't be wise to tick anyone off. 

And the announcement "tease" from the program honchos is getting ridiculous. As it is, ABC will be airing a weekly Celebrity Jeopardy to air beginning this fall (leading into Celebrity WOF lol). Same thing with Second Chance Jeopardy, where contestants they decide "deserve a second chance" will return to play another day, with the winning loser (🤔) automatically advancing to the TOC. 

So there will definitely be more than one host announced for all of these. Maybe Mayim will host the celebrity version. And maybe something airing weekly might just be something she'd prefer with her schedule. 

Regardless, in less than a year, Michael Davies has IMO set out on a course to ruin Jeopardy, turn it into a cheap franchise, while also cheapening the brand, itself. (The only good thing he's done is to include Final Jeopardy's category on the screen lol.)  The least he could do is stop the madness, make a decision, and announce it. For cripes sake, filming for the new season is set to resume soon, anyway.

What worries you masters you.
Honored Contributor

@PINKdogWOOD wrote:

@PINKdogWOOD 

Buzzy surprised me.  As a contestant, I thought he was too goofy for an adult man on a serious game show.  When he was the host, he was more subdued and focused on the job at hand.