Esteemed Contributor

@pattypeep wrote:

@tends2dogs I watch ~ unfortunately. LOL Get sucked in every season. Haley seems like a spoiled child to me. She's not given Jake a chance. He's quirky, but hardworking and loyal. I bet he would be a great dad and a great husband if given the chance. I didn't care for Claire in the beginning, but have grown to like her. She and Ryan have different goals and ambitions, but those things can be shared and worked out over time. Not in eight weeks. Something is off about Ryan, I just don't know what. To let his wife "get him off" every night and not have sex bugs me. Brianna is a spoiled little girl, too. Wants it all and constantly whines. Vincent, I don't know. Still on the fence with him. Erik is too darn controlling. I was married to one of those for 11 years and finally jetted. It wears you down. Virginia is not ready for marriage. I'm not sure what the heck she was thinking.

@pattypeep , totally agree about Ryan.  I see more red flags with him than Vincent and Erik put together.

I am back and forth on Erik.  You seem to have one person who has a very structured background and career and a wild child together.   The question will be can they meet halfway and make it work.   He is very situated in his life, career and home and she is still like the kid getting out of high school/college and her first appartment and wanting to have a good time and party.  Neither is wrong, just at very different points in their lives IMO.

Another fabulous matching job by the experts!  lol

Speaking of which, have you guys seen the ad with Dr. Vivana where you can "win" a session with her?  ohmygosh...I think I'll pass on that one.

Esteemed Contributor

I would pass on the session with Dr. Viv, too.  Or any of them for that matter.  My DVR has recorded the show that follows MAFS about unmatchable people??  I have deleted them because the previews look like a circus........kissing plastic lips, putting fake zits on someone, a lot of nonsense.

I agree with what a couple of you said about Ryan.  I said before that I find him creepy.  The whole intimate part of their relationship is bizarre.  He says he wants to wait for "the act".  It sounds as if he had the Bill Clinton mentality.........I don't consider THAT $ex ........Woman Wink

Yes, Erik and Virginia are at different life stages.  If they stay together there will be head butting and frustration on both their parts.

Out of all the guys, I feel like Jake seems to have the least amount of hang ups.  I don't think his dressing is that bad and I really feel he is open to change for the right person.  He always looks neat and clean.  Haley could do alot worse. 

@pattypeep @Wsmom @miata1 

Fear not Brothers and Sisters! I have read THE BOOK..........we win!!!
Honored Contributor

There is so much and it's all been said.

One thing that is sticking in my craw, that I don't even think I noticed early on, is the issue with Virginia having all those cats - cats who must sleep with her - yet, they match her with a guy who is allergic to cats.

The second part of that is the fact that she seems to be pretty much - oh well, too bad cuz they're gonna sleep with me.

No es bueno.  (not that it's the only thing here that's muy malo! Smiley Very Happy)

Highlighted
Honored Contributor

@Wsmom , we both must be reading Reddit cause I read the same info that you did.   I can't do those spoiler boxes so I'm just going to say what I have to say.  So o people that might consider certain things spoilers, don't read further:

The poster that said she knew that Clara and Ryan were house hunting got crucified because some felt this poster was sharing private info about the couple.  The so called ex that blasted on Baby Huey was blasted even more for sharing info about his job title and saying he was probably looking for a wive to subsidize him.  And who got online to say this was unethical?  Chris....one of the most unethical people on earth.  I think he said it was against the law.  Jokester!

Anyway, last night, I was glad when Brianna's mother set her straight.  There's only so much changing a person should do personality wise and Baby Huey expects a lot more changing than he wants to give.

I did not realize how many people slept with their animals until FB let loose on Virginia sleeping with her cats as if they were her man.  She acts like a child to me and is not ready to be married.  Personally, I'd never sleep with an animal (don't jump on me, lol) and don't understand putting them ahead of her husband who has cat allergies.

Speaking of Erik and the cats.....there's a picture circulating showing Erik from years ago with his former mate with a cats laying on him.  I think it's photoshopped but people are saying it's proof that he's faking saying he has cat allergies.  

“You can’t wait until life isn’t hard anymore to be happy”. (By Nightbirde, singer of the song, It’s Ok)
Honored Contributor

Well, now, that's interesting.  If he's not allergic to cats, then it's kind of messed up to say he is.

I know some of us are 'kind of' allergic.  I have had a few cats over the decades and loved them (especially my beloved BooBoo), but I'm one of those who is kind of allergic.   I can have one, and keep him in the house (as I'd never let him wreak havoc on other peoples' property - major peeve), and be pretty much ok, but I couldn't have him in my bed with me or it would flare up my asthma.

Esteemed Contributor

@chickenbutt @Mmsfoxxie Maybe one of the questions they should ask prospective couples is "Would you be willing to give up your pet for your spouse?"  I bet all of them would say no.  I still can't get over Pastor Cal saying she should move the cats to a house "out back".  What does that even mean?  

Esteemed Contributor

@chickenbutt wrote:

Well, now, that's interesting.  If he's not allergic to cats, then it's kind of messed up to say he is.

I know some of us are 'kind of' allergic.  I have had a few cats over the decades and loved them (especially my beloved BooBoo), but I'm one of those who is kind of allergic.   I can have one, and keep him in the house (as I'd never let him wreak havoc on other peoples' property - major peeve), and be pretty much ok, but I couldn't have him in my bed with me or it would flare up my asthma.

I am beyond allergic to Siamese cats.  It is a mess.  I had allergies to other cats, too, but not as bad.  We now have two house cats that don't bother me.  So it seems it is depending on the amount of dander.

Honored Contributor

@chickenbutt, someone suggested that if the picture of him with a cat laying on him was before he became allergic.  You could tell the pic was old because it was before his nose job.  I still think it was a photoshopped pic.

“You can’t wait until life isn’t hard anymore to be happy”. (By Nightbirde, singer of the song, It’s Ok)
Esteemed Contributor

@chickenbutt wrote:

There is so much and it's all been said.

One thing that is sticking in my craw, that I don't even think I noticed early on, is the issue with Virginia having all those cats - cats who must sleep with her - yet, they match her with a guy who is allergic to cats.

The second part of that is the fact that she seems to be pretty much - oh well, too bad cuz they're gonna sleep with me.

No es bueno.  (not that it's the only thing here that's muy malo! Smiley Very Happy)

@chickenbutt  I have never seen a cat in their apartment, only dogs.  I think someone is keeping them for her during the 8 week trial period. I think she has mentioned that she misses them.

Trusted Contributor

Re: MARRIED AT FIRST SIGHT

[ Edited ]

The whole pet situation is beyond ridiculous. I have 2 dogs and would NEVER get rid of them for someone else, nor would I ever expect him to get rid of his pets (if he had cats, and I am allergic to them). This should be asked - and honored - just as asking about religion and kids. They seem to ask people and then match them with people who don't have the same feelings and that should never happen. These are BIG issues and deal breakers.

Let's see, if those had been honored:

• Ryan and Clara wouldn't be matched because of religion
  • Vinnie and Brianna wouldn't have matched because of his need to have kids right away
  • Erik and Virgnia have the same issues with kids/no kids; pets and allergies; drinking and not drinking; totally different political views
  • Paige and Chris probably DO match on paper, but anyone who spends 30 seconds with him in person wouldn't match him with anyone
  • Haley and Jake shouldn't have been matched because neither of them should have been selected. She prides herself on being picky and claims that she makes decisions at first sight and then shuts down. He could probably be OK with the right person (LOL maybe even Clara).

HORRIBLE season!