Valued Contributor

Re: MARRIED AT FIRST SIGHT STARTS AGAIN

[ Edited ]

@Ibby114

I hope Molly warms up...she just seems cold!!  I don't like Ryan's attitude at all...it's just 'off'.

Esteemed Contributor

@highmaintenancejanwrote:

@Ibby114

I hope Molly warms up...she just seems cold!!  I don't like Ryan's attitude at all...it's just 'off'.

Agreed @highmaintenancejan !!!

Trusted Contributor

So glad to see Shauniece and Jepthe smiling at each other and genuinely enjoying each other's company.  Don't know whether Molly will ever feel anything for Jonathan, either it takes her a while or she is not as attracted to him as she says she is. She does not act affectionate to him compared to Jaclyn and Ryan. Those two are always near each other and she is leaning on him or him kissing her.  I just would like to see it work out for a couple of these people.

Honored Contributor

I was so pleased to see that Jephyte and Shaniece seemed to have turned a corner!  He seemed like a nice guy but was unreasonable in his actions toward her.  I realize she seems more outgoing than him, but he was acting like he did not want to be around her at all.  Very hurtful for her.  

As for -- forgive me -- I have forgotten the names of the others --- the pretty blond woman -- she seems very rigid and cold right now.  Could his not having a job be part of this?  At first I didn't care for him at all, he seemed childish, but I can't help feeling bad for him as he is feeling so rejected.

The other couple --- I don't care for him at all.  He seems rather fake and some of the comments he has made are not very nice.  

At this point its hard to tell if any will stay together.  I have highest hopes for Jephyte and Shaniece.  

I agree about the pet thing.  The experts need to be more mindful of this when making matches.  Pets are very important to people and should not be disregarded when making these decisions.  

"A day without sunshine is like, you know, night." - Steve Martin
Esteemed Contributor

Looks like Jephte and Shawnice have made a connection...it just took a while.  When you think it had only been 2 or 3 weeks before they consummated their marriage, that really isn't long at all considering they were strangers.  He seems to really be listening to her now.  The roses and roller skating were such a nice gesture and it really touched Shawnice.  I can see them making a go of it.

John and Molly don't seem to have a connection at all.  When she told him last night that she wasn't attracted to him, that was a major clue to her feelings.  Most men would be gone, but he is going to stick it out to the bitter end, it seems.  I also wondered if the fact that he isn't working could be a "turn off" to her.  I hate to say it, but it would be to me.  If he is looking for a job, they certainly aren't playing up that part.  He must have a bit of a nest egg with them renting a place of their own, always bringing in food, hosting a party, etc.  I thought for sure the red wig was going to be a turning point.  She is a cool cookie, for sure, but if she isn't turned on by him, I wouldn't do anything with him either.

Ryan and Jackie could go either way.  He is strange.  I wonder if he has ever had a girlfriend before.  He seems so  immature in his actions and the things he says.  The fact that his paint ball hobby takes such a high presidence seems so childish.  I could see him needing to do that when he was single as a hobby or outlet, but now, establishing a new marriage, he better grow up.

I find it interesting that they never pick people for this show that go to church.  JMO

Fear not Brothers and Sisters! I have read THE BOOK..........we win!!!
Esteemed Contributor

@tends2dogs  It's not that I promote "game playing" in a relationship, but I can't help but wonder if John had played a little hard to get that Molly mind find him more appealing? From the minute she walked down the aisle, he was gushing all over her. Jephte and ?? are absolutely adorable. Ryan is weird and I wish Jacelyn would do something with her hair. It always looks dirty.

Women and cats will do as they please, and men and dogs should relax and get used to the idea-Robert A. Heinlein
Honored Contributor

It is nice to see Jephte and Shauniece getting along and having a connection.  They are both adorable.

I don't care for Molly and the jury is still out on John.  I can certainly understand his frustration.  Call me old fashioned but I don't see anything wrong with not sleeping with a guy after a couple weeks but I don't think they are doing anything. 

I've always thought Ryan was bizarre from day one.  I also think it's odd though that they would pick Jaclyn when she lost her fiance just a year ago.  That seems awfully quick to me to want to do something like this.  But that scene last night with Ryan in the construction get-up........it was more embarrassing for him than anything.  Embarrassing and awkward. 

I have some friends who are firefighters and it's pretty typical for them all to have side jobs since they have full consecutive days off.  But I too found it odd that not only is Ryan a big gamer but she said he wanted to be a professional paintball player?  What?  I didn't even know there was such a thing.  I'd not be interested in a guy that did that. 

Trusted Contributor

I believe Jon and Molly are done and I understand.  

I loved the scene where S did the pole dance for J.... how cute .... and then he got the roses and took her skating.  These kinds of things enhance a relationship IMO.

The firefighter is way too busy and way into himself.... its like he wants someone to fit into his schedule and enjoy watching what he does.  I would NOT want to be her!  

Trusted Contributor

Just saw the tape of this week's show and glad to see Shauniece and Jepthe getting along so well.  Of course, we do not know if anything is scripted but the two of them seem much happier and he seems to be acting different.  I do not think Molly and her hubby are doing too well unless we are getting led to think that.  I don't think she is attracted to him at all and just likes him as a friend.  Maybe he has the looks of a guy that she just wouldn't have been interested in to begin with.  As far as Ryan and Jaclyn, they seem very attracted to each other.  In fact, if she didn't have interest in him, she would not have been worried about seeing him more, that's for sure.  His other interests, other than the jobs as firefighter and carpenter, would give him something to do as he did not have anyone special in his life at the time.  So now his life has changed and he needs to make that time for her or to include her with things he wants to do and she wants to do.  I think they can make it and I think they like each other as people and that is good.

Respected Contributor

Molly may be so shallow and superficial that she has little to give in a relationship.  This thought came out of her escaping into online social "catching up" in bed instead of using the time and opportunity to connect on any level with Jonathan.  No effort there, no willingness to be vulnerable, nothing to share with him at all. 

He may have his own shallow issues but at least he has made efforts.  Even she admitted he was more settled in the home environment.  Whatever she believes he lacks as her ideal husband, she lacks more as his potential wife.