Honored Contributor

I love watching this show & love all the guests.  I generally like listening to Daryl sing the other artists songs as duets, but now as I watch Smokey Robinson...Daryl, please hush!  Smokey...sing to Mama!

Time is just a drop in the bucket compared to eternity. It isn’t how long you live that matters; it is how well you are prepared to die. ~~Colonel Robert B. Thieme, Jr.
Trusted Contributor

@SurferWife 

Love, love, love Smokey Heart  Never heard of this show with Daryl?

What am I missing?  How do I find it?

Honored Contributor

i just LOVE this show and very recently discovered it on youtube. so many GREAT performances! hehas not had any new ones for a while though @SurferWife , has he? the first one i ever watched was CEELO GREEN. i still have a lot more to watch.

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing." - Albert Einstein
Honored Contributor

Re: Live at Daryl’s House

[ Edited ]

I used to watch this show but I think it was more than a few years ago. I think he was remodeling his new house or something like that but also sang on the show.

Honored Contributor

Here his show is on AXSTV.

Time is just a drop in the bucket compared to eternity. It isn’t how long you live that matters; it is how well you are prepared to die. ~~Colonel Robert B. Thieme, Jr.
Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

I used to watch this all the time but now they are repeats but I've found a few I haven't watched so DVRed them.  One of them was Tommy Shaw of Styx.  I'm going to be watching Smokey Robinson again and Darius Rucker (I'm in love with him even though he went country on me).  Have to see what else is on this afternoon. 

I watch it on AXS TV. 

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

@SurferWife 

Love both artists, but I don't think I get this program on Dish.  I'll have to check.

However, if you love Smokey, you might enjoy this story.

Several years back, we saw him at an outdoor concert in a smaller venue.  It was a hot summer's night.

Smokey was late, but finally showed up driving slowly into the crowd on a side road in a long, white limo.  There was a short pause when it stopped and out rolled Smokey with his backup singers.  Everyone was sparkling Cat LOL

They made their way to the stage and gave a wonderful concert.  It was just magical.  Smokey looked and sounded fabulous...and, of course, his ladies were perfect.

One of the best concerts ever!

I've seen Hall and Oates too...two of the best.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

i also recommend watching the one with TODD RUNDGREN!

here is a list of all of the artists he has featured. many of them (full shows and clips) can be found on youtube.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Live_from_Daryl%27s_House

and his website......

https://www.livefromdarylshouse.com/welcome.html

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing." - Albert Einstein
Honored Contributor

@SWEET 

I've been a Styx fan since I was 14.  Tommy Shaw was always my favorite, so I was excited when I saw he was on Live at Daryl's.  It was a great one, except, like the one with Smokey, I wish it could have been all Tommy Shaw & no Daryl!  Tommy is a great as he always was!

Speaking of Darius Rucker...another great show!  I love Darius, ESPECIALLY after he came over to country music.  He is from Charleston, after all, so he did what any smart southern boy who can sing should do...go country! Woman Tongue

Respected Contributor

Another show I enjoy on AXS TV is The Big Interview With Dan Rather.  He's had some great people on the show.