Honored Contributor

Re: Kennedy Center Honors Tonite 12/15

And then there's Rita Wilson singing along....
LInda looks really good but wish she'd kept her dark hair.This reddish color looks very unnatural one her.
Emmy Lou Harris, beautiful as always.
Trusted Contributor

Oh my goodness @Pearlee It's either my eyes or my tv but Linda's hair appears to me to be a lovely shade of grey lol.

Honored Contributor

@chlema. LOL. I hope it is gray. My TV is probably the "culprit" as I'm watching on a very old one right now. Gray would be much better than light red on her!
Respected Contributor

I thought Linda Ronstadt looked wonderful!  She had the most beautiful voice.  As much as I like Trisha Yearwood and Carrie Underwood, I agree  Linda owns those songs especially Blue Bayou!  When Emmy Lou Harris came out, I was disappointed she didn't sing.  I had the good fortune to see Linda and Kevin Kline in The Pirates of Penzance on Broadway...............her voice was amazing!  I did not recognize Debra Winger!

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

For the most part, a pretty good show, though I do wonder how they decide who will perform... They did a good job but I was sort of underwhelmed by the selection of performers... As far as it goes, while both are talented and, to some extent, likable, Carrie Underwood and John Legend have to be two of the most over-exposed personalities in show business... It also seems that this year, Ne-Yo, Trisha Yearwood and the Jonas Brothers have been making the rounds... 

In my pantry with my cupcakes...
Honored Contributor

@Somertime. Who was Deborah Winger there for? I switched over to The Sound of Music after I saw Ronstadt and Fields.
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

I also had to wonder why the one Jonas Brother had to lug that guitar out there... A full orchestra playing behind him and there he stood with his guitar, while the other two had no instruments... Made no sense, looked sort of goofy, and with the band playing behind them you certainly couldn't hear him play it, assuming he was even playing it...

In my pantry with my cupcakes...
Regular Contributor

[ Edited ]

Loved Audra McDonald & Ne-Yo. Of course John Legend is fabulous. Great show.

The pianist, don't recall her name, but she was awesome. She was so fast on those keyboards. Amazing!!

Respected Contributor

@Pearlee   Michael Tilton Thomas.  Apparently, she did a reading with him while he conducted.  Weired.  If they had not mentioned her name, I would have had no idea.  Looks nothing like she used to.Debra+Winger+2018+New+York+Film+Critics+Circle+yVlLmiiQCpfl.jpg

Valued Contributor

sorry only BARBRA STREISAND can sing SOMEWHERE.