Honored Contributor

I've always heard "all publicity, even bad publicity, (for people in the public eye) is good.

Well, in this case, I don't think that's true.  Whether any of this is true or not, who really knows except the people involved (and they might be scratching their heads about how did it get to this level).

However, I would venture to say this publicity isn't good for either Kelly or Michael.  It has caused many people (like me, who could care less) to think one way or another.

As far as what she wears on TV, I would think there are people who strongly advise her on what to wear, if not pick out the clothes for her.  I'd love to have muscular arms, heck, even skinnier arms.  

I've lost weight but those ****** arms are here to stay (the fat I mean).

Respected Contributor

I thought Kelly did a good job addressing the elephant in the room.  She chose her words carefully and what I heard was a loyal employee who felt her employer didn't respect her enough to tell her what was going to happen to a show she's been on for many years. She let her feelings be known then stepped away for fear she might say or do something she'd regret.

She spoke about her anniversary for a few days before her trip. It was not a spur of the moment trip.

As for her sleeveless dress, this was nothing new for her or any other women on TV.

Frequent Contributor

I just had to laugh at the absurdity of it all.  Don't we all wish we had Kelly Rippa's "problems"?  Woman Tongue

Honored Contributor

@Baylor Fan wrote:

I just had to laugh at the absurdity of it all.  Don't we all wish we had Kelly Rippa's "problems"?  Woman Tongue

@Baylor Fan

Oh, I don't know ...... I think all women in the workplace should be respected, no matter what her salary is.   Why would you object to that?

Esteemed Contributor

I have never watched the show, but know who both of the players are. 

To me, it erases your plea for respect when you go awol and disrespect your employer. You can't come back and play the respect card. She should have stayed, then maybe her cries for respect wouldn't have fallen on my closed ears. 

No act of kindness, no matter how small, is ever wasted. - Aesop
Esteemed Contributor

@MaggieMack wrote:

To me, it erases your plea for respect when you go awol and disrespect your employer. You can't come back and play the respect card. She should have stayed, then maybe her cries for respect wouldn't have fallen on my closed ears. 

She had a pre scheduled vacation- no one was awol....

Honored Contributor

@Ibby114 wrote:

@MaggieMack wrote:

@Ibby114

Several people are conveniently ignoring that fact.  Go figure.

Valued Contributor

I watched the opening.  I thought the chemistry between them was cold and tense.   She hardly looked him in the eye.   Did anyone else hear her say when he was apparently pulling her chair out for her, "I can do it."  

She had to say something.   Michael told her he loved her, but she didn't say it back to him as a friend.  

Whatever.   She makes millions of dollars.  Of course, she doesn't want to lose her show.   But honestly, it's not a great show.  I don't watch it usually. I think it's the same thing day after day after day.   Plus, a lot of their interviews are pre-taped because Kelly is always wearing a different outfit.   They aren't fooling the audience.

I think the show is dated and needs some kind of new format to compete anymore.

If Michael was smart, he'd exit soon and get ready for NFL preseason in July.

That's my take.  No tears for Kelly from me.   Her workplace is not like my workplace.   I couldn't walk away to "think" about my situation nor could I scold the people I work for.   She may think she's a voice for all of us but she's a voice for people in her category only.

Esteemed Contributor

@Tinkrbl44 wrote:

@Ibby114 wrote:

@MaggieMack wrote:

@Ibby114

Several people are conveniently ignoring that fact.  Go figure.

-----------

Friday and Monday was a scheduled vacation. Tuesday, Wed and Thursday were not.

Wrong is still wrong just because you benefited from it.
Esteemed Contributor

Well, like I said, I don't watch the show. But many news outlets covered the story and they all referenced her going awol. Take it up with the media. I doubt they were all wrong just to hyperventilate over celebrity news.

No act of kindness, no matter how small, is ever wasted. - Aesop