Honored Contributor

I thought Kelly did a terrific job this morning. You could tell she was nervous. I don't think it was all for ratings at all. Live and Dr. Phil are the two highest rated talk shows, from what I've read. 

I think she was offended (and rightfully so in my opinion) that half of the two headliners was leaving and no one respected her enough to let her know ahead of time. This morning she said it was about "respect in the workplace" and I totally get that. I agree with her completely. 

Why is it, when I have a 50/50 guess at something, I'm always 100% wrong?
Honored Contributor

@SaRina wrote:

I didn't see it (because I don't watch), but I did see a snippet on Wendy Williams a short while ago.

I thought it was extremely unprofessional of her to take the days off in the first place, so I found her little "speech" to be scrambling to make up for that faux pas and I also found it defensive.  I dislike people who do something wrong (after all, two wrongs don't make a right), then play the victim by getting defensive.

I don't consider her to be a class act.

BTW, no surprise that she wore a sleeveless dress and obnoxiously over-talked with her flexed arms to show off.  I know because I used to be a bodybuilder.  So many women who have muscular arms are "arm talkers", lol.

@SaRina

What do you mean it was "no surprise" that she wore a sleeveless dress?  Now her wardrobe choices are suspicious?   LOL 

Kelly had  previously scheduled her time off to celebrate her 20th wedding anniversary.  There was nothing "unprofessional" about it.    The Michael announcement was very poorly handled by ABC  and I have no objection to her taking a couple "sick days".   

I'm glad this whole thing is over now.

Esteemed Contributor

Meanwhile.......millions of Americans go to work today despite not liking what the boss did yesterday.....

Wrong is still wrong just because you benefited from it.
Honored Contributor

@Jackaranda wrote:

Meanwhile.......millions of Americans go to work today despite not liking what the boss did yesterday.....

@Nancy Drew  High five and amen!  Wish I had the privilege of walking out and taking a vacation whenever I get miffed about corporate and their ivory tower decisions.  Welcome to the real working world the rest of us live in!  

Honored Contributor

@Lori Kaye wrote:

If I had arms like that I'd show them off too. 

Heck, if I had arms like that I would move to a warm climate just to be able to show them off. Woman Happy

Respected Contributor

@Jackaranda wrote:

AND.... they make peanuts.  

Honored Contributor

I  just watched it on TMZ. She seems sincere.

Respected Contributor

Tinkrbl44 wrote:

@SaRina

What do you mean it was "no surprise" that she wore a sleeveless dress?  Now her wardrobe choices are suspicious?   LOL 

--------------------------------------------------------------

"Arm talkers" is a standing joke in the gyms.  No biggie.  :-)

Respected Contributor

@Winkk wrote:

@Sunshine Kate wrote:

Don't you think it was just publicity?

@Sunshine Kate - Do you mean the way ABC treated Kelly was just a publicty stunt?  I personally don't think so.

Or, do you mean her return this morning?  Sure it was publicity.  There is no show on TV that isn't  about ratings. 

@Winkk, we really don't know the way ABC treated Kelly.  It could be all rumor.  Do you work there and know for sure?

Esteemed Contributor

@Tinkrbl44 wrote:

@SaRina wrote:

I didn't see it (because I don't watch), but I did see a snippet on Wendy Williams a short while ago.

I thought it was extremely unprofessional of her to take the days off in the first place, so I found her little "speech" to be scrambling to make up for that faux pas and I also found it defensive.  I dislike people who do something wrong (after all, two wrongs don't make a right), then play the victim by getting defensive.

I don't consider her to be a class act.

BTW, no surprise that she wore a sleeveless dress and obnoxiously over-talked with her flexed arms to show off.  I know because I used to be a bodybuilder.  So many women who have muscular arms are "arm talkers", lol.

@SaRina

Kelly had  previously scheduled her time off to celebrate her 20th wedding anniversary.  There was nothing "unprofessional" about it.    The Michael announcement was very poorly handled by ABC  and I have no objection to her taking a couple "sick days".   

I'm glad this whole thing is over now.

I personally think 'they' (Disney, ABC - or whomever!) handled the announcement at this time because they knew Kelly had a scheduled vacation!

I'm also glad the whole thing is over- for now anyway! You never know what stuff the TMZ like media will try and drag out.