Respected Contributor

How does Kalani on 90 day fiance make a living?  She never talks about going to work....can't still be on maternity leave.  On the show she lives in B&B's.....what's going on?

Esteemed Contributor

I don't know what Kalani did prior to having a baby but, as far as I know, she has not worked since she was pregnant with her first child.  (She's pregnant with her second child now).  

She and her husband are currently living in her parents second/vacation home.  

Respected Contributor

I remember her saying that she quit her job before Asuelo came to the US so that she could spend time with him and the baby. I don't understand why she did that at all since they're going to have a lot of expenses,especially since it'll be a while before he can work.

Trusted Contributor

Dont forget these people get a certain amount for each episode they appear in.... I am not sure of how much.

Honored Contributor

I've wondered how much each person gets paid for being on the show.  A few (especially the "personal trainer" from France)  seem like they are in the partnership just for the money and keep the drama going for a paycheck.

And, yes, it is odd that Kalani would quit her job knowing the upcoming financial responsibilities.

Esteemed Contributor

She and her sister are such downers, always so dramatic and negative.  Maybe she should have used birth control if she didn't want another baby, it is not just his fault.  She is lucky anyone wants her or her family.

Honored Contributor

I don't know,if this is true or not, but I read somewhere that each fiancé on this program gets $1000 an episode and $2300 for showing up to sit on the couch afterwards.

That's not much to air your dirty laundry.

Honored Contributor

I read they are paid around $1,000 to $1,500 per episode. Then $2,500 for the tell all.

It's definitely not enough, but I think many people do it for the attention good or bad. Also, most are usually active on social media/you tube. They can make money from that too if they have enough followers etc. Of course I doubt they make a whole lot on that either.

Honored Contributor

@Carmie wrote:

I don't know,if this is true or not, but I read somewhere that each fiancé on this program gets $1000 an episode and $2300 for showing up to sit on the couch afterwards.

That's not much to air your dirty laundry.

Maybe she had savings.  What does Eric do?  I know she had enough money to vacation and meet asuelo.  Eric seems to not have much but he was able to go to Indonesia and pay for leida to come over and I am thinking Kalani had to pay to get asuelo here.  I am always confused as to what any of these people do for a living.  I know Jon. is in real estate.

Esteemed Contributor

watched this show one time....once was enough.......