Regular Contributor

Re: Johnny Depp/Amber Heard defamation trial

I find it curious that she suffered countless punches to the face but was able to hide the damage even though she was filming movies.  You would think she'd have a parade of witnesses to verify they'd seen the results of her on-going physical abuse.  I thought I heard he broke her nose...any medical reports or pictures of that or anything else?  I get the feeling she's putting on a performance but I don't find her to be a particularly good actress.  I don't discount that JD has addiction problems and probably a bad temper but not convinced he's done all she's accusing him of..the truth lies somewhere in the middle.

Honored Contributor

Is her defense going to bring in various makeup artists as witnesses who covered her bruises when she was filming movies?

My mind keeps telling me that she could have walked away way back in the relationship, after their wedding.

Also, aren't there couples out there who like to 'play rough' (?) 

Could it be that this type of interaction/'play' was a way to spice up their relationship?

Something to think about.........

'More or less', 'Right or wrong', 'In general', and 'Just thinking out loud ' (as usual).
Respected Contributor

YouTube: Amber Heard claims she already donated $7 million from divorce settlement.  Amber said, " I wanted nothing."

Amber Heard got married to Johnny Depp in February 2015. Their divorce was finalized in January 2017. As part of the divorce settlement, Johnny had to pay Amber $7million, which she said she would donate to two charities.

In this interview, which was broadcasted on Dutch television show 'RTL Late Night' in October 2018, Amber falsely says she already donated 7 millions dollars from her divorce settlement to the Childrens Hospital of Los Angeles and ACLU. In Johnny and Amber's defamation trial, this claim was proven untrue. 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qrgtMmteDJA

Honored Contributor

Can she get in trouble for lying about donating?  I mean no one is forced to donate (I guess unless a judge/jury decide that).  But wouldn't that have been on her filed taxes?

I do see how her credibility is majorly blemished (in my eyes based on that fact alone and including one of the charities she supposedly donated to--it's ruined) and would think that would weigh on the juries decision, too.

Honored Contributor

@MorningLover - Those two photos are a bit eerie.

I've noticed while watching her how she can switch from so distraught she can hardly get the words out, straight to sitting back up and answering questions without a single tremor in her voice or "tear" in her eyes.  She can turn it on and off pretty quickly.

Maybe I've underrated her acting ability.  Woman Frustrated

Honored Contributor

She claims this "pattern" of abuse went on for all the time they were together before they were even married.  Who would stay in an abusive relationship like that, let alone go through with the marriage?

If the thought of his money, his real estate and, even more important, his connections in the showbiz world weren't the main attractions, I don't know what was.

Still, I'm waiting to see all the photographic evidence of the horrendous bruises and bodily injuries she must've suffered over those years of beatings.

I also like how she compares her and her friends use of MDMA, magic mushrooms, etc. to "lovey drugs", but his (alleged) to drug abuse and addiction.

Regular Contributor

I told my sister the same thing (as we both watched the Arias trial).  VERY similar.

Esteemed Contributor

@shoechic wrote:

@Wsmom wrote:

Another question since I haven't seen the actual trial and only watch snippets on whatever show is showing them.  Tonight it was ET and they showed clips of her testifying and always looking to the side at somebody when answering questions.  Is that her attorney there that she is looking at to answer or is she turning to the jury to answer?  TIA!

@Wsmom Turning to the jury is correct. 

Thanks, @shoechic .  I asked because my career was working in a courtroom and I can't think of a DV victim ever turning to face the jury to answer questions....really any witness.  They mostly stay looking at whoever is talking to them or down at the witness stand.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

I just watched a clip of Janine Driver (16 years as a Federal Law Enforcement officer and body language expert for the FBI, CIA and ATF) on NBC.

She was asked for her take on both Depp and Heard's testimony, as to which is telling the truth.  And she was absolutely clear:  Heard is lying.  She said she's doing what all liars do:  she's using a kernel of truth and then making up the rest.  She said Heard is the abuser.

She gave several examples of "tells" and the difference between Heard's testimony and Depp's.  I won't go into it here, but all you need to do is google it.

Here's a link.  I don't think it contains anything else that would get it deleted:

Janine Driver

Super Contributor

@Venezia Thank you! I watched. That was interesting. Too bad the jurors aren't trained in BL. Did you see the post in this thread that says AH's former assistant said AH used the former assistant's own s/assault story from 25 years ago? If true, this is all just so sick!

JD must be so livid.