Trusted Contributor

Anyone watching? The original Leverage was so good. Tonight will be my second episode of Redemption. Giving it a chance. Ion at 9:00 pm.

Esteemed Contributor

it's been on streaming for awhile, but I stopped watching.  I liked the first one.

Trusted Contributor

@PickyPicky3 @qvcaddition Loved the original Leverage but not so sure on the redemption.  I always like Noah Wyle in ER but not so sure here.  I'm still hoping for me it gets better.

Honored Contributor

I watched last year.  Season 1 gets better towards the last 2 episodes.  I do not like Hardison's niece.  She's the only new character I do not care for.

Season 2 will be on sometime towards the end of the year or the beginning of 2023.

I agree w/what the others stated, the original WAS so much better.

"Never argue with a fool. Onlookers may not be able to tell the difference."

220-AuCC-US-CRM-Header-Update.gif

Respected Contributor

I liked Timothy Hutton better than Noah Wylie. Also, Aldis Hodge is only on a couple of episodes because he has other commitments. I think it is ok but I agree the original was bebtter. I am still watching.

Honored Contributor

I Googled Tim Hutton. I was very sad.

It is snowing in the pines
Super Contributor

Stick with Redemption.  I ended up enjoying it very much, but it was slow in some episodes

Honored Contributor

But,does anyone else know why Tim Hutton was not included in the reboot?

Esteemed Contributor

@Group 5 minus 1 wrote:

But,does anyone else know why Tim Hutton was not included in the reboot?

I just googled - Hutton was accused of raping a 14 year old girl in 1984 at around the same time they were going to announce the new show. A year later, the court dropped the case, saying there was a "glaring lack of support and proof" for the claim. Hutton said the woman made “multiple extortion attempts … to extract millions of dollars from me,” and “threatened that if I did not meet her demands, she would go to the press with a false allegation that I sexually assaulted her 37 years ago in Canada.”

Hutton is now suing the producers of Leverage for excluding him as he apparently had a signed contract for $175,000 an episode (with apparently no morality clause).

For an allegation like this, I think it was the right decision. Needs to go through the courts.

Honored Contributor

@Alter Ego Thank you for the info.