Respected Contributor

Re: Joe Giudice granted permission to go back to Italy

Joe will go to Italy and wait til judgement which maybe deported or not but I think deported. ICE is not a place anyone would want, it is worse than the jail he was in before. He had plenty of time to become a citizen but chose not too. He also did criminal choices and I do feel Teresa knew what he was doing & went along with it but she is a citizen and did her time there are many ways to communicate with their Dad email, skype. text, phone plus they can visit in the summer in Italy. 

Honored Contributor

@sissel wrote:

Joe will go to Italy and wait til judgement which maybe deported or not but I think deported. ICE is not a place anyone would want, it is worse than the jail he was in before. He had plenty of time to become a citizen but chose not too. He also did criminal choices and I do feel Teresa knew what he was doing & went along with it but she is a citizen and did her time there are many ways to communicate with their Dad email, skype. text, phone plus they can visit in the summer in Italy. 

@sissel  Yes. I've read the ICE detention center is an extremely difficult place to be held in.

Honored Contributor

I read his immigration attorney warned that because of Joe’s criminal history, leaving would likely prevent him from coming back to the U.S. for an extended period of time. When he departs the United States, he will be deemed to have been ordered removed by a judge and will be inadmissible to the United States for at least 10 years, if not indefinitely for his adverse criminal history.
Respected Contributor

Earlier this year they ran the first couple seasons of the RHONJ.  There was a scene where Teresa was buying furniture for their new house and she was paying the many thousand dollar bill with cash.  I thought seemed suspect.  If he gets paid in cash, doesn't use a bank, and doesn't declare income there's that little legal issue of tax evasion.  Was that one of the charges?  I know there was fraud, but I just don't recall if it included both fraud and tax evasion.  

Honored Contributor

@MaryLamb wrote:

I see this as a win-win situation for Joe. I remember years ago when he was allegedly having an affair and referring to Theresa as a “c” on his cell phone to a mystery person. His daughters couldn’t stand him when Theresa was away, and they constantly complained about his drinking and bad behavior. It’s possible to still love your family but not be with them all the time. If you have to be someplace else, Italy isn’t too shabby. I’d rather be there than in a house full of vapid, spoiled people who don’t like me.

@MaryLamb   He does not have the intelligence or job to support Teresa in the way she insists; therefore, he is better off without her. Trying to keep up with her Beverly Hills demands is what got him in this hot water. He should leave her behind, and have his daughters visit. He can find a much more suitable partner to spend his remaining years with when he moves to Italy. 

Honored Contributor

@this is my nic wrote:

Earlier this year they ran the first couple seasons of the RHONJ.  There was a scene where Teresa was buying furniture for their new house and she was paying the many thousand dollar bill with cash.  I thought seemed suspect.  If he gets paid in cash, doesn't use a bank, and doesn't declare income there's that little legal issue of tax evasion.  Was that one of the charges?  I know there was fraud, but I just don't recall if it included both fraud and tax evasion.  

@this is my nic  I saw the scenes where she paid cash for furniture etc.They were charged with conspiracy to commit mail fraud, wire fraud, and bank fraud, making false statements on loan applications, and bankruptcy fraud.

Honored Contributor

@this is my nic 

they were charged with failure to file tax returns for a number of years i believe.

they did have tax liens filed against them.

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing." - Albert Einstein
Honored Contributor

Joe didn't pay income tax for four years during which he made a million dollars. Teresa also lied under oath about the money she made on RHONJ and other business ventures. The judge ordered them to pay almost half a million dollars for this. There was a 39 count indictment against them but the things I mentioned were what they were said to be arrested for. They had quite a scam going.

Respected Contributor

Probably Milania will be affected by his departure, she seemed to be very close to her father.

His father died but is his mother still alive and  living with the brother. Maybe she would go back with him.

It is his choice how he handles his situation and how it will affect his family.

Do not believe in the poor Teresa story.

Honored Contributor

@chiclets wrote:

Probably Milania will be affected by his departure, she seemed to be very close to her father.

His father died but is his mother still alive and  living with the brother. Maybe she would go back with him.

It is his choice how he handles his situation and how it will affect his family.

Do not believe in the poor Teresa story.

@chiclets  I read that his family has iced Teresa out because they feel she's done nothing but travel and have a good time while he's been in jail. I don't believe in a poor Teresa story either.