Honored Contributor

Re: Joe Giudice granted permission to go back to Italy

Since he's a convicted felon, maybe Italy doesn't want him.  Good riddance to the whole clan.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Respected Contributor

There are worse places.

Honored Contributor

Good riddance to bad rubbish.

Honored Contributor

I don't blame him for wanting to be in Italy rather than ICE, who wouldn't rather be there or anywhere else.  I know, the average person would not be in ICE.  His girls are old enough now to be able to travel often to see him, if they choose, especially on their school breaks.

This season ought to be a doozy!

Honored Contributor

Well if course he wants to go to Italy.  His situation is caused by nobody, but himself.  

Respected Contributor

I have a different view on this.  He did his time.  She did her time.  They have a large family - he's lived here his entire life (except as a baby).  I think he should be able to stay.  Sad situation they got themselves into.

Flowers are nature's way of laughing
Honored Contributor

@sunshine45 wrote:

crime doesnt pay......lying doesnt pay......

all because he thought he could cheat the system and get away with it without consequences. the only people i feel sorry for are his four daughters. hopefully they are able to see him as much as possible......summers, holidays, school breaks. teresa can afford to take them or send them there.

Hopefully their children will learn from all of this NOT to be like  their two  felon parents....roll models for  bad  Americans

Respected Contributor

Very sad situation for their children.  I hope they've been in counseling since Teresa was in prison.  However, I recall she said that Italians don't go to counselors.  She may be speaking for her family, but not the entire Italian American population.  The majority of Italian Americans are nothing like the Guidices! 

Honored Contributor

@jellyBEAN wrote:

I have a different view on this.  He did his time.  She did her time.  They have a large family - he's lived here his entire life (except as a baby).  I think he should be able to stay.  Sad situation they got themselves into.

He lived almost his entire life and yet made a conscious decision not to become a US citizen.  He would've been elgible for citizenship because he was brought here as a child.  And then he married a US citizen and still didn't become a US citizen.  

Valued Contributor

I see this as a win-win situation for Joe. I remember years ago when he was allegedly having an affair and referring to Theresa as a “c” on his cell phone to a mystery person. His daughters couldn’t stand him when Theresa was away, and they constantly complained about his drinking and bad behavior. It’s possible to still love your family but not be with them all the time. If you have to be someplace else, Italy isn’t too shabby. I’d rather be there than in a house full of vapid, spoiled people who don’t like me.