Esteemed Contributor

Re: IS ANYONE WATCHING MARRIED AT FIRST SIGHT?

@Free2be wrote:

The bathroom scene with Matt and Amber appeared to be staged with some pretty bad acting.  Ridiculous.  It may have come up as an issue but I'm sure the camera crew had them act it out for the show.  Her reaction to him staying out late was over the top.  Maybe he's running from a very controlling woman who wants to treat him like her new pet.  I cringed when she said she thought she would "let him" use the second bathroom now that she realized she had probably over reacted.  Maybe Matt feels some suffocation but I don't think he was ever totally into her.

Both Elizabeth and Jamie have mean streaks with no compuction about humiliating the other in front of the camera.  I call this marriage a disaster.

The other two couples I have hope for.

Agree.  Not a fan of either of those couples.  Amber is fine, but he just has an eye out to escape.  I don't think too much interest.  And do those girls get paid each time they say my husband is so cute or my husband is so hot? 

Regular Contributor

Anyone still watching?

If my husband of 3 weeks stayed out all night w/o bothering to even text me, his belongings would have been in garbage bags and placed outside. I understand Amber's abandonment issues, but she shouldn't teach him that it's ok.

Respected Contributor

@tends2dogs wrote:

This season is a real dragger.  I think the producers are trying to add to the "drama" by scripting in some contention between the couples.  The whole  condom thing was stupid.  I am sure that Iris isn't so naiive that she  thought her new husband was going to be a virgin, too.  The way she acted about his friends drinking "her" lemonnade was another strange thing.  They show so much over and over to recap previous incidences just to take up time, I am assuming. The first 10 minutes of each episode showing the weddings again........

I don't remember names, but the argument with the redhead and her hubby and then he walked out.......too much over nothing....except she did cut down his lovemaking skills calling it "caucasion"......never heard of that one!  That may be a hard one to forgive.

Ending the last episode with Matt out all night with the guys and the other couple finally going behind closed doors to (????) wow, I can't wait to see what happens LOL Woman SurprisedWoman LOL

@tends2dogs   I agree. The producers edit the previews to make it look like drama and then nothing really happens.

The lemonade incident was so ridiculous. If it was something expensive or hard to find I could maybe understand, but I'm sure you can run to the store and get another bottle of lemonade without going bankrupt.

The argument between Jamie and Elizabeth was another ridiculous thing. All he did was ask to get to know her better and then she blows up and he leaves the apartment for the night? Yeah, getting to know your stranger wife seems like a very unreasonable request!

I was annoyed once again when their parents came over and they started asking about kids. Elizabeth made some remark to the camera about how women are expected to want children. She seems like a very unique person who doesn't care what others think so I don't understand why at her age she can't just say, "I don't want kids" without worrying what others think.

Respected Contributor

@Free2be wrote:

The bathroom scene with Matt and Amber appeared to be staged with some pretty bad acting.  Ridiculous.  It may have come up as an issue but I'm sure the camera crew had them act it out for the show.  Her reaction to him staying out late was over the top.  Maybe he's running from a very controlling woman who wants to treat him like her new pet.  I cringed when she said she thought she would "let him" use the second bathroom now that she realized she had probably over reacted.  Maybe Matt feels some suffocation but I don't think he was ever totally into her.

Both Elizabeth and Jamie have mean streaks with no compuction about humiliating the other in front of the camera.  I call this marriage a disaster.

The other two couples I have hope for.

If my husband was going to be out all night I'd expect a phone call or a text message. Even if Matt hasn't been in a relationship for a while I don't think it's too much to ask that he lets her know. She did call and text him. He didn't have five seconds to respond back instead of ignoring her?

Esteemed Contributor

Okay, another week down.  Anyone still hanging in there?

First, the whole Matt and Amber thing with him staying out all night......that had to be staged or Amber is so messed up about being deserted that she is willing to give him the benefit of the doubt and not hold him accountable.  Dr. Pepper hit it on the head when she said that Amber was being too forgiving about the whole thing.  Either Matt is a poor actor or he has a dull personality......perhaps he is camera shy, but something is off with him......too flat (?)  Wasn't it sweet that he gave Amber a massage after she hinted about that being a perfect evening??  LOL  

On to Jamie and Elizabeth.  What is with her always smoking the room with incense, putting out glasses of water to the full moon.......looney tunes, big time.  It is a good thing that Jamie is into it.  That would be a major NO for me and I would be out the door.  I wonder if they ask the potential couples about their beliefs.  This couple is high drama whether it is staged or not.  If they stay together it will be a roller coaster....some people like that......fight......make up.....fight....make up....

Keith and Iris are a sweet couple, but he is one patient man.  Keith hit the nail on the head when he said that Iris is emotionally and sexually immature.  I think she acts naive most of the time.  She must have been overly protected. Keith is going to have his hands full getting her to break down her sexual barrier.  She is playing this out to see if he is going to be the one that is worthy of this "prize".  That is where a courtship is needed.

I can't remember the other couples' names, but I feel they have the best chance of this working out.  They are taking things slow.  He is extremely patient and happy for whatever she seems to give him.  I have to wonder where her dog is most of the time.  I hope it doesn't have to be crated all the time.  

So is anyone else still watching?  What do you think if you are?

Lights, action, camera!!!  Woman Wink

Fear not Brothers and Sisters! I have read THE BOOK..........we win!!!
Esteemed Contributor

@tends2dogs, still watching.

Agree about Matt and Amber.  Zero personality and he has one foot out the door. 

Elizabeth and Jamie, she may be a nut for that kind of stuff but he is a real a** IMO.  I think he likes to play mindgames.  Ugh.

Keith and Iris, totally agree.  I don't see that lasting if she doesn't grow up and I don't just mean as far as the physical aspect of it.   It's too bad because aside from that they seem like a great couple.

The others, agree.  Although I can't tell if she's really that into him. 

Respected Contributor

Elizabeth and Jamie are almost too passionate for their own good, they don't have the tools to know how to use it to get along with each other so it blasts out of control in a nano second.  Her spirituality is fine, he says he enjoys it and it's used for the camera.  It isn't unusual, but again it is used here and I think that is unfortunate.  He should bring her into his world, too, we don't see that.  I think he has a compelling personality, he seems more stable, has some depth that isn't being explored?  Her drama sucks the air out of the room.

Respected Contributor

I'm still watching as well.

The drama between Matt and Amber was obviously scripted. First, they were calling out Matt's mom for a mother/son dance at the wedding when they knew she wasn't there and now they added some additional drama because they knew that Amber has a fear of being abandoned. The producers probably told Matt to stay out all night.

Elizabeth seems to be into some weird stuff but at least Jamie seems to be open to it and goes along with it. I thought the experts did ask all of the applicants about their religious belief and how important that was. Some of them probably said it wasn't a big deal or they weren't super religious and that's how they end up with someone like Elizabeth. I don't see that relationship working out.

Iris is way too immature. You saw the faces she was making when the s*ex questions came up. I don't understand why she would go on a show like this. At some point she was crying about how her virginity is something personal but she's the one putting it out there for the world to know about!

I don't know about Greg and Deonna. He seems to be into her but she's hard to read. I think she has been single for too long and can't adjust to suddenly living/being with someone.

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

I read Greg and Deonna a little differently.  I think/hope they will be fine.  I really like Deonna as a person.  She is funny and smart and being careful after past mistakes and at least she isn't sex phobic.  I worry more about him being as he had past control issues in his relationships but I think she can handle that just fine.  When he looks at her, he seems in awe of her sense of self and that's good for him.  I love how he looks after her when she feels sick.  That's a good kind of love.  Will she fit into his church family?  She's been independent that way and he's been tied into his church.  Another challenge.

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

I find the show to be scripted mindless entertainment. Woman Happy We all need to escape reality sometimes!! Deonna and Greg seem to be the most real couple - and if Keith & Iris stay together they're going to have gorgeous kids! And the other 2 couples? - either/or person came into this with too much baggage.