Honored Contributor

Re: I've Tired of the Current "Jeopardy" Champion

[ Edited ]

I sensed that she was consciously trying to minimize the hand movements on Thursday's episode.  She appeared to be grasping the podium and cupping her hands together more.  I have become unreasonably obsessed with this contestant's hands.  But she is doing great and keeps me watching.  Do you think she might surpass Ken Jennings?  

Esteemed Contributor

@deepwaterdotter 

@deepwaterdotter wrote:

I sensed that she was consciously trying to minimize the hand movements on Thursday's episode.  She appeared to be grasping the podium and cupping her hands together more.  I have become unreasonably obsessed with this contestant's hands.  

I'm Italian and grew up waving our hands.  It was pointed out to me years ago, so I tried to curb it, but it is part of my personality, very outgoing.  I have toned it down in my elderly years.  

Respected Contributor

No matter what some of the long running champions do, someone will be unhappy and complain.

If she becomes too bothersome, one could always not watch the show.

"Justice will not be served until those who are unaffected are as outraged as those who are." BF
Honored Contributor

@Mersha  Hi, I think I need to watch some good, old-fashioned tennis played on grass courts.  Hoping Rafa and Novak are in competitive shape this year.  But so many 'young guns' are at the ready to take on the old pros.  I hear Serena wants to start playing a few tournaments again.

Honored Contributor

@deepwaterdotter  If you go to facebook.com/jeopardy you can read that TONS of watchers are sick of her flapping hands and silly remarks after her wagers. Someone likened her hands to a T-rex which I found funny.

Honored Contributor

I find tennis annoying, that semi-squat rocking back and forth and that obnoxious  grunting is beyond distastful.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@occasionalrain wrote:

I find tennis annoying, that semi-squat rocking back and forth and that obnoxious  grunting is beyond distastful.

And many would agree with you.  Some players  have been warned by the ATP to curtail the grunting.  It can get very loud and annoying, you make a good point.  

Esteemed Contributor

@Love my grandkids wrote:

@deepwaterdotter  If you go to facebook.com/jeopardy you can read that TONS of watchers are sick of her flapping hands and silly remarks after her wagers. Someone likened her hands to a T-rex which I found funny.

@Love my grandkids - I read those comments too and that one was funny!

Regular Contributor

Unfortunately the shows we are watching now were taped a month or two ago so any comments made now are too late to change anything!  They need to get rid of Ken as well as Mattea. Too much idle chatter and she makes too many unnecessary comments.

Respected Contributor

@occasionalrain wrote:

I agree but I watch tennis anyway.  I just turn the sound way down.   Same with Mattea.  She is sooooo annoying but like tennis, I like Jeopardy so I just try to ignore her.  I'll be glad when her time is over.

I like Ken and hope he is named the permanent host at some point.