Honored Contributor

I've Tired of the Current "Jeopardy" Champion

Mattea Roach is very knowledgeable on many subjects and is fast on the buzzer.  She has made quick work of her opponents everyday.  But I have tired of her frequent hand-waving and constant chatter.  It is as if she is on a talk show offering her impressions of the proceedings. 

I'm probably the only viewer who feels this way, and I can always turn off the program if it bothers me too much.  Thanks for letting me rant.      

Contributor

Re: I've Tired of the Current "Jeopardy" Champion

Both my dh and I are so tired of the constant hand flopping,and there was so much of it on Monday's show.  I know it's a small thing but it's distracting. I started just listening last night after a while and sat doing a soduku puzzle at the same time.  I'm ready for someone else to win anyway because I enjoy the show more when they have different winners and one person doesn't dominate so much. 

Honored Contributor

How long has Mattea been on?

After the last marathon, I thought Jeopardy would return to imposing limits on returning champions.  I guess they didn't.  Smiley Sad 

Respected Contributor

@ValuSkr wrote:

How long has Mattea been on?

After the last marathon, I thought Jeopardy would return to imposing limits on returning champions.  I guess they didn't.  Smiley Sad 

15 days

Respected Contributor

and I was just thinking how much I like her personality, hand waving and all

Valued Contributor

[ Edited ]

Apparently ratings climb when they have these champions who go on and on and on.

I personally would love to see the 5 day limit return.  There have been some champions who lasted forever that were enjoyable and some who were not (IMO). It is just fresher and more enjoyable when the contestants frequently change over.  This current champion 

is quite smart and has the buzzer down pat.  Her hand motions and theatrics are off-putting.  I haven't watched the last couple of episodes because I would rather wait until she is off.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@ValuSkr 19 years ago J! did away with the 5 game limit.

I am active on the J! FB page and tons of people are sick of her flapping hands, her constant comments about her wagers, etc.  I liked her at first but now find her annoying.

I am really sick of Ken's constant comments to her as if he's trying to be friends and he does not do that with any of the other contestants.

I like Ken but not his what I consider his overly friendly comments to Mattea. I don't mean that they are nasty in any way, just way too familiar.

She is an 18 or 19 game winner. I like the long running champs but she has worn out her welcome for many.

You can go to facebook.com/jeopardy and find a lot of interesting reading there!

Esteemed Contributor

She is fast on the buzzer which has helped her a lot.

Esteemed Contributor

Sadly, while I greatly respect her intelligence, I have grown weary of Mattea. It is simply not much fun to see her monopolize the board night after night after night.

She does, however, make for good comedic material. During commercial breaks we imitate Mattea answering a very basic question but being as verbose as we possibly can be.

And finally, I do think Ken is a bit smitten by her intelligence. I don't think I have ever seen him engage with someone quite so much.

Respected Contributor

She continues to impress day after day with her intelligence. 

I just watched and there was a category about generals.  I forget the question but the answer was Oliver North.  I thought there was no way she could possibly come up with that as she is so young and Canadian to boot.  Sure enough, she was right.

Keep in mind she is Canadian and answering all sorts of questions about America, including its history.

I like her and she seems to be enjoying herself.  I find her quirky and different and appreciate that.

I am more interested in the show if there is a long running contestant to see if they can get through another day and see where they end up in the Jeopardy record books.

"Justice will not be served until those who are unaffected are as outraged as those who are." BF