Honored Contributor

I quit watching the Today Show

[ Edited ]

I do not understand why the weather man Al Roker is now their top person on the show.... why would I care what he thinks or the like?  They must have had a lousy pool of candidates for the job and he won.  I have nothing against the man... he does weather fine. But I do not want to listen to "life as Al Roker" sees it. 

I guess he likes it as he has a new 5 year 50 million dollar contract with the network.... 

Esteemed Contributor

Re: I quit watching the Today Show

I haven't watched anything on nbc since the 90s. I liked his forecasts, but why would anyone care what any 'influencer' recommends? I choose who influences me, not some nbc exec.

Is this Al Roker thing supposed to be like 'Oprah's favourites'?

Oh brother!  

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

I also quit watching the very same show for reasons that will be kept to myself, along with other news and talk shows.

Go VOLS
Rocky Top you'll always be home sweet home to me.. Good ole Rocky Top, Rocky Top Tennessee... Rocky Top Tennessee
Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

Have never watched it, myself.  Not once, in all my life, though I know who Roker is.  Morning TV has just not been part of my routine.  (And you were right - it was a snorefest.  I watched the clip.)

Cogito ergo sum
Honored Contributor

Al Roker is now their top person?  As in the team leader?  Wow.  I haven't watched the morning shows in ages but this shows how far Today has sunk.  .

Highlighted
Honored Contributor

@ValuSkr wrote:

Al Roker is now their top person?  As in the team leader?  Wow.  I haven't watched the morning shows in ages but this shows how far Today has sunk.  .

@ValuSkr    yes he seems to be the leader of the pack.    

Honored Contributor

Maybe when they waded through all of the perverts, he was left.

" You are entitled to your opinion. But you are not entitled to your own facts."
Daniel Patrick Moynihan
Respected Contributor

@SeaMaiden wrote:

I do not understand why the weather man Al Roker is now their top person on the show.... why would I care what he thinks or the like?  They must have had a lousy pool of candidates for the job and he won.  I have nothing against the man... he does weather fine. But I do not want to listen to "life as Al Roker" sees it. 

I guess he likes it as he has a new 5 year 50 million dollar contract with the network.... 

I mean, I don't think it's any worse than two women drinking their way through the last hour of the show.

But I also think not watching is an excellent choice and I support your decision.

Valued Contributor

i dont watch cable anymore - I don't need advice from any of them.

Respected Contributor

Thank goodness for Law and Order and Steinfeld re-runs ......