[ Edited ]

Regular Contributor

Re: I LOVE Allison Janney, Oprah, and Nicole Kidman

@stevieb wrote:

@Maudlynn wrote:

@Puppy Lips wrote:

@stevieb wrote:

@zitawins wrote:

@2blonde  Now there's the laugh for the day! Oprah? 

And No, I don't agree with any of the choices. Nicole Kidman was sooo boring and just wouldn't get off the stage.

I like Nicole, (not a fan of the other two)... but she sort of commandeered the Emmy's, too, with her message... I don't know. I'm sure all these messages are valid and some are important, but some go too far given the venue... I respected Frances McDormand for noting she keeps her politics private and finding a way to make a statement without pontificating... 

I wish they would all do that -- keep their opinions to themselves.

Why? Which people should be allowed to have opinions, in your opinion?

Everyone should be allowed to have opinions, but unless we all have the opportunity, should we choose to do so, to broadcast them, then I'm not particularly interested in hearing theirs on what is supposed to be an awards show and a celebration of their work. If they want to book themselves onto talk shows to spout their theorems, then that's a different matter... 

Huh? We do all have the opportunity to broadcast them. We are doing it right now. No one is stopping anyone from standing on a soapbox and saying exactly what they think. I think you just don't like thier opinion, is all. And because you don't like it, you want to silence it. 

Honored Contributor

The moment politics got pulled into anything that is supposed to be entertainment is the moment I turned the channel....permanently. Taking hostage of something that is supposed to be entertaining and making it a political platform for whatever the topic of the moment may be is wrong, IMHO. Create a forum elsewhere/at another time for that purpose and those who WISH to watch will; otherwise, unless it's turned off, you're forced to hear it. 

Beyond that, they are all very talented women.

JMHO of course.

Regular Contributor

@SahmIam wrote:

The moment politics got pulled into anything that is supposed to be entertainment is the moment I turned the channel....permanently. Taking hostage of something that is supposed to be entertaining and making it a political platform for whatever the topic of the moment may be is wrong, IMHO. Create a forum elsewhere/at another time for that purpose and those who WISH to watch will; otherwise, unless it's turned off, you're forced to hear it. 

JMHO of course.

Sexual abuse and harassment is political? I didn't know that.  

Esteemed Contributor

@Maudlynn wrote:

@stevieb wrote:

@Maudlynn wrote:

@Puppy Lips wrote:

@stevieb wrote:

@zitawins wrote:

@2blonde  Now there's the laugh for the day! Oprah? 

And No, I don't agree with any of the choices. Nicole Kidman was sooo boring and just wouldn't get off the stage.

I like Nicole, (not a fan of the other two)... but she sort of commandeered the Emmy's, too, with her message... I don't know. I'm sure all these messages are valid and some are important, but some go too far given the venue... I respected Frances McDormand for noting she keeps her politics private and finding a way to make a statement without pontificating... 

I wish they would all do that -- keep their opinions to themselves.

Why? Which people should be allowed to have opinions, in your opinion?

Everyone should be allowed to have opinions, but unless we all have the opportunity, should we choose to do so, to broadcast them, then I'm not particularly interested in hearing theirs on what is supposed to be an awards show and a celebration of their work. If they want to book themselves onto talk shows to spout their theorems, then that's a different matter... 

Huh? We do all have the opportunity to broadcast them. We are doing it right now. No one is stopping anyone from standing on a soapbox and saying exactly what they think. I think you just don't like thier opinion, is all. And because you don't like it, you want to silence it. 

NO, that is not what the OP is saying. It is an awards show.  The talk should be about the industry, the movies, TV shows, the people that make them, etc.  I occasionally watch awards shows to see the dresses and see who won.  I do NOT want to hear the political opinions of the winners.  I do NOT care what they think, whether I agree with their views or not.  The fact that they THINK we care what their opinions are is the height of arrogance.  And yes, I do change the channel when they get off topic - topic being the industry itself and who they are thanking when they win.

Always remember that you are absolutely unique. Just like everyone else. Margaret Mead
Esteemed Contributor

@Maudlynn wrote:

@SahmIam wrote:

JMHO of course.

There was more than just that mentioned.

Always remember that you are absolutely unique. Just like everyone else. Margaret Mead
Honored Contributor

@Maudlynn wrote:

@SahmIam wrote:

JMHO of course.

Sure it is, when it's discussed as THE topic on an awards show for the entertainment industry that is broadcasted and advertised AS entertainment to family channels all over the US. Come on, you're not that dense Maudlynn and I'm not going to get pulled into one of your obtuse debates. 

Regular Contributor

[ Edited ]

@SahmIam wrote:

@Maudlynn wrote:

@SahmIam wrote:

JMHO of course.

Sure it is, when it's discussed as THE topic on an awards show for the entertainment industry that is broadcasted and advertised AS entertainment to family channels all over the US. Come on, you're not that dense Maudlynn and I'm not going to get pulled into one of your obtuse debates. 

Obtuse debate? Feel free not to answer, since I wouldn't want to waste your time with my obtuse debating.

Sexual abuse is not political. It is a human issue as is child abuse and domestic violence. You don't like the opinion of these people because you've littered your head with ridiculous talking points. I can only guess where. 

Obtuse. LOL. You're funny, but misinformed my dear.

Contributor

QVC Customer Care