Honored Contributor

10:15 p.m. Eastern--  It's on again, and at an appropriate time!

Long a favorite of TCM'ers, it has newlywed Doris Day as an increasingly alarmed and frantic woman.  A mysterious, puppet-like voice has been stalking her everywhere-- in the London fog, on the telephone.  That eerie, metallic litte whine, ("Mrs. Preston, I'm going to kill you") is menacing and unforgettable...

Everything in the film is sumptuous and well-done, from the grabber of an opening scene where Doris must flee that horrible voice through the aforementioned fog in a city park, to the fabulous, shadowed luxury "flat" she shares with doting tycoon hubby Rex Harrison, to the eye candy early 60's clothes and jewels worn by Doris and her aunt, (spunkily played by long time screen beauty, Myrna Loy.), to darkly handsome and helpfully hunky John Gavin.... 

I've seen this so many times I can sit back and savor the smaller touches, like Roddy MacDowall assaying a particularly nasty "hanger-on role", and old pro Herbert Marshall expertly portraying a panicky executive.  There's just something fascinating everywhere you look!

Occasional Contributor

Re: "Midnight Lace" Tonight TCM

I love that movie and I'm going to try to watch it tonight if I'm still awake.  

Honored Contributor

Since I'm new to this channel, do they repeat the movies at different times of the day? 

Honored Contributor

@OKPrincess   No they don't.

Honored Contributor

@Judaline wrote:

@OKPrincess   No they don't.

Ok. Thanks. Other stations do so thought I'd ask. 

Honored Contributor

Unfortunately, @OKPrincess, they don't normally repeat during the same day.  Some movies they seem to love to cycle back very quickly, showing it twice in one month or 6 weeks or so, but usually no closer than that.

Honored Contributor

@Oznell wrote:

Unfortunately, @OKPrincess, they don't normally repeat during the same day.  Some movies they seem to love to cycle back very quickly, showing it twice in one month or 6 weeks or so, but usually no closer than that.

we enjoyed four movies yesterday on TCM. Glad to have it now. I watched Clark Gable yesterday and saw Greta Garbo for the first time. 

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

Roddy M YouTube his home movie collection. Wonderful to see actors of that time. Filmed at his Malibu beach house. To many actors to list. Enjoy!❣

Valued Contributor

Thanks, @Oznell. Another great one!  

Respected Contributor

Love this movie and Doris - thanks!