Honored Contributor

@Big Joanie wrote:

I wonder if she has to take female hormones that could be causing

some of the weight gain ....I know her diet sounded awful .....

@Big Joanie   She has been taking those for years, notice her big "girls."

Honored Contributor

I have nothing against the family, but as I mentioned, her one brother has taken over so that he is the one mostly talking, Jazz gets a few words in, but he is so annoying, so I stopped watching.

Honored Contributor

@mousiegirl wrote:

I have nothing against the family, but as I mentioned, her one brother has taken over so that he is the one mostly talking, Jazz gets a few words in, but he is so annoying, so I stopped watching.

Doesn't the brother have a story to tell about his sexuality/dating preferences?  Perhaps they want to explore this new topic on the show now.  I could be wrong, but I thougt I saw a promo or something.

Honored Contributor

@faeriemoon wrote:

@mousiegirl wrote:

Doesn't the brother have a story to tell about his sexuality/dating preferences?  Perhaps they want to explore this new topic on the show now.  I could be wrong, but I thougt I saw a promo or something.

@faeriemoon   I don't know, but all he is doing now is talking nonstop to Jazz, and he is not pleasant to listen to, so I have stopped.  I can catch up on her online.

Honored Contributor

@faeriemoon wrote:

@mousiegirl wrote:

I saw a preview and her brother is going out with a transgender woman, one of Jazz's friends.

Respected Contributor

I cannot speak to this show at all...however my nephew works out in LA working on a 'reality' show. One of the housewives things. He said it is highly scripted. The cameras are set up in the home and he sits in a studio at another location and directs the cameras. Producer in the house runs the show.

In his series the fighting and all the drama is pretty much staged to depict a story line that they think will attract viewers. Now this weight gain In Jazz  obviously was not scripted but the family chose to continue to tell the story and reap the benefits.

I have watched it and have thought that the mother looks nothing like her parents. And she is much larger in structure than they.

Anyone else notice it?

Valued Contributor

@wonderfulworld wrote:

I cannot speak to this show at all...however my nephew works out in LA working on a 'reality' show. One of the housewives things. He said it is highly scripted. The cameras are set up in the home and he sits in a studio at another location and directs the cameras. Producer in the house runs the show.

In his series the fighting and all the drama is pretty much staged to depict a story line that they think will attract viewers. Now this weight gain In Jazz  obviously was not scripted but the family chose to continue to tell the story and reap the benefits.

I have watched it and have thought that the mother looks nothing like her parents. And she is much larger in structure than they.

Anyone else notice it?

The grandmother may have some body image issues of her own. She is very skinny and has had that face lift that makes her look odd. Jazz's mother actually looks like a normal body size for an American woman in early menopause. But watch their faces this season and see the lack of smiles in Jazz and her parents. I wish them the very best and hope they find peace and happiness. 

Honored Contributor

@Big Joanie wrote:

Probably a factor.  Her weight gain is very noticeable.  She's almost twice the size she used to be. 

Honored Contributor

I worry for her overall well being.  Is she capable of leaving her parents home and surviving on her own?  Not at this point. I think she is very needy, very depressed and not mentally well. She appears to be manic depressive.   

Honored Contributor

@songbird wrote:

@Big Joanie wrote:

Probably a factor.  Her weight gain is very noticeable.  She's almost twice the size she used to be. 

Yup.  You might gain some weight from hormones, but she is also a binge eater.  I hope she finds her way out of this.  Last weight I saw shown on the show was 239lb.   More than 100# beyond what would be ideal.