Honored Contributor

Has anyone been watching this? It's clearer than ever that Robyn has Kody under her control and has him blaming everything on covid. I felt so bad for the daughter needing surgery and wanting her dad there yet he didn't go.

Honored Contributor

I don't get his reasoning behind the "I'm the only one that can go from house to house" 

If everyone is going about their as close to normal routine as possible and someone in any of the other houses does get Covid, isn't he going to be the one to spread it through out the whole family?

He's an idiot.

I feel bad for Christines daughter.

Respected Contributor

Re: Sister Wives

[ Edited ]

I've been half heartedly watching it.  Definitely agree with you.  The family is slowly dissolving.  Ugh, I can't imagine all those moves. Lots of chaos and the challenge of COVID magnifies the problems. 

Read a few years ago that their ratings were waning and the show was going to be cancelled.  Instead of each wife and Cody receiving a salary, Cody agreed to only one person accepting a salary to keep the show in production. 

Respected Contributor

I am glad that Christine finally came to her senses and left the fool.  It is so obvious that he is only interested in Robyn and her children.

Trusted Contributor

What in the world does he see in Robin ! She is the least attractive imo, and very needy and conniving.

Honored Contributor

Check out Meri's Bed & Breakfast. It's on People Magazine's website. I wonder if anyone stays there during the holidays?

https://people.com/tv/sister-wives-meri-brown-decked-out-her-bed-and-breakfast-for-the-holidays/ 

Respected Contributor

Kody seems upset because he doesn't have any control over his women anymore, including his daughters.  I guess he didn't realize early on that these women would mature, realize that this lifestyle doesn't work, and become their own person.  

Kody only seems to be interested in the young one anymore.  Probably because she's the only one he sleeps with.  Meri is an outcast and she's only there for the security.  Janell seems complacent and is living her own life.  Christine has left.  

It's probably time for him to find some new younger wives for replacements, then Robyn will be the "old one".

When he goes off on his tirades I just want to slug him.  Those women have more self control than I could imagine.

The way he treated his daughter was unimaginable.

Living with a narcisist must be difficult in so many ways.

Respected Contributor

I think that you have no idea what goes on in their lives! It's not for you or anyone else to make assumptions. 

Valued Contributor

I taped last night's show because I just almost can't stand the show. This way I can fast forward through the parts that annoy me. Why even keep watching it is what I ask myself. They are all so unhappy. The divide is typical of what the pandemic has brought in many families. I was suprised that Janelle's boys were so anti-mask, anti-precautions and so blaming of Cody. And Janelle just lets the boys do what they want. They are adult now and can do what they want but she seems to enjoy that the boys side with her and against Cody. I don't like him much but the divide and the yelling at the young ones to be six feet apart last week while they were outside was making me cringe. They are all outside and running around and they likely won't be breathing each other's germs. The adults were making the kids very anxious and upset. I don't have answers but I thought the great divide among the sister wives was very typical of conflict in American families right now. 

Respected Contributor

@Tinkerbell3 wrote:

I think that you have no idea what goes on in their lives! It's not for you or anyone else to make assumptions. 

@Tinkerbell3  Sadly, there aren't many assumptions, after following this family from day one. They've made enough information public, for us to get a pretty good idea of what's going on. Unless a lot of it is just to keep interest and the program filming. But, I doubt it.

It's clear the relationships are deteriorating. Badly enough, that it's been easy to predict what would come next. Meri is just clinging to memories of the past, looking for love. Catfishing was NO surprise.

Christine has been homesick, falling apart for a good while. Her exit was NO surprise, either. It seems Janelle could care less. She's very independent. She'd leave, too, in a heartbeat, if pushed. She likes some distance, not only from Cody, but the other wives. She admits this by saying after a couple of days with Cody, she needs a good break. 

Even Robyn could leave Cody, if he pushed for another move. She's said as much. As much as she clings to him, she wants to feel settled and secure. She knows she hasn't won a prize in being #1 with Cody. We can see it sinking in. She looks depressed most of the time.

But, Robyn's options are fewer than the other women. She's less independent. More needy. I see her as as being willing to, cling and settle, for Cody's nonsense.

Robyn's situation is actually the saddest of them all. She's more trapped. She's unpopular for being #1, but what else does she have? She's fighting to stay afloat for her and her kids. She needs him more than the other wives.