Esteemed Contributor

How Did I Never Hear This Bee Gees..........................

song. Fanny Be Tender With My Love.  I thought I had heard every song the Bee Gees did.

It was done in 1975 and they rarely sang it live because of the complexity. I believe it was Robin Gibbs that said they liked the song but it was a bi*ch to sing.

If you can view it on You Tube.

Hanging my head in shame I never heard it before.

Respected Contributor

Re: How Did I Never Hear This Bee Gees..........................

@CrazyKittyLvr2 I just watched them sing it on YouTube. I had never heard it either. To say it was difficult is an understatement. It is a beautiful song, and I will watch it again.

Thank you for letting us know the song existed. Like so many other things from my younger days, I miss The Bee Gees. They were such gifted songwriters and performers. 

Esteemed Contributor

@On It   Glad you enjoyed it.  Also it is nice to know I wasn't the only person who hadn't heard it before.

Those voices are magic.

Esteemed Contributor

@On It   I forgot to add that Fanny was a housekeeper where the Bee Gees were staying.  They decided they needed a woman's name in the song and either Robin or Maurice turned around and saw Fanny.  

Trusted Contributor

I remember that song!  Didn't realize it was a BeeGees number, though.

Valued Contributor

Thanks for the reminder, I haven't heard it in a long long time and it is a beautiful song.

Trusted Contributor

I'm surprised you've never heard it. Was very popular back in the day and one of

my favorites by the Bee Gees.

Glad you brought it up. I enjoyed the youtube video...and that's an interesting fact

about the housekeeper.  Never heard that before.

Respected Contributor

OMG its i think my favorite BGs song.  It was hugely popular when it came out.  Musically it is brilliant.  

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

@CrazyKittyLvr2 

Thank you! A few years ago I was in the supermarket and heard it being played. I hadn't heard it in a dogs age. I was singing along enjoying it and I thought to myself, "Wow, if I didn't hear this song; I would have never thought about it ever again in my lifetime."

When I got home; I told my husband about hearing a Bee Gee's song that I never would have remembered in my lifetime. So that statement is definitely true!  For the life of me; I couldn't remember the tune, the lyrics, or the song title itself. It's been making me insane all this time 😜...until I read your post. Thanks again! 

Honored Contributor

❤️ that song!  Even to this day I ❤️ listening to The Bee Gees!

Time is just a drop in the bucket compared to eternity. It isn’t how long you live that matters; it is how well you are prepared to die. ~~Colonel Robert B. Thieme, Jr.