Honored Contributor

Every Christmas season there are movies I must see. I watch them every year, I never get tired of them. In no particular order these are my favs. 

Sleepless In Seattle 

While You We're Sleeping

Home Alone

Elf

It's A Wonderful Life

A Christmas Story

Miracle On 34th Street ( original)

The Bishop's Wife (original)

The Apartment ( one of my beloved deceased brother's favorite movies we would watch it together)

Love Actually 

Honored Contributor

I don't recall if Sleepless in Seattle or The Apartment had anything concerning Christmas, but you must have watched all during pleasant times  for you to feel you must watch them.  Maybe, they bring back happy memories you were having. 

I must watch some, as well.  This year, Freeform has been having a Home Alone and The Santa Clause marathon, at least 2 times a day, almost every day.

I have seen Home Alone I and II now about 15 times this year.  Personally, I like the lighter Christmas movies.   It just came on again....just now!!!  I have seen Miracle on 34rth Street, White Christmas, The Bishop's Wife, and others like that too many times. I need a long break from them.  

Honored Contributor

There is just one, " A Christmas Carol ," but it has to be the one starring Alastair Sim from 1951. He is the only Scrooge that I recognize. 

" You are entitled to your opinion. But you are not entitled to your own facts."
Daniel Patrick Moynihan
Honored Contributor

Re: Holiday Movies

[ Edited ]

I am watching "It's a Wonderful Life" now on Bravo.

PS -  It's a Wonderful Life is in movie theatres today.

Honored Contributor

@QVCkitty1,

I love so many of the Christmas Carol movies esp the one with George C. Scott and Mr. Magoo.

I know the one with Alistair Sim is thought of as the best by many but you know what?

Last night I saw one with Reginald Owen-1938. It was so good. I liked all the ghosts too. I'd never known of this one. I think it was on Amazon.

"If you walk the footsteps of a stranger, you'll learn things you never knew. Can you sing with all the voices of the mountains? can you paint with all the colors of the wind?"
Trusted Contributor

It's not Christmas for me until I watch White Christmas. I guess I'm going to have to check streaming services because I don't see it anywhere on cable.🎄

Esteemed Contributor

While You Were Sleeping with Sandra Bullock

Scrooge with Bill Murray

Wrong is still wrong just because you benefited from it.
Esteemed Contributor

I watch most of the traditional ones, some Hallmark but must watch the first 2 Die Hards!  Yes, IMO they are Christmas movies while others consider Love Actually a must see.  Something for everyone.   

Valued Contributor

@NEvans2 wrote:

It's not Christmas for me until I watch White Christmas. I guess I'm going to have to check streaming services because I don't see it anywhere on cable.🎄

It's on AMC.  There are upcoming episodes.  I already have it recorded.  It's a must for Christmas eve.

Honored Contributor

@Foxxee Sleepless in Seattle takes you from Christmas Eve to Valentine's Day. The Apartment goes from Christmas Eve to New Years Eve.