Honored Contributor

@catter70 wrote:

@NEvans2  White Christmas is on AMC channel today, Sun, at 9:45 a.m., Dec 23 at 1:30 p.m. and Dec. 24 at 11 a.m. All are ET.

Thank you.

Trusted Contributor

@twinsister Unfortunately we have to pay extra for AMC. I asked the Comcast people if I could trade the dozen or so Spanish speaking channels for AMC and they said no. No one in our house speaks Spanish. So I have to see where else I can find it!🎄

Valued Contributor

I've never seen Elf. When I say that, people jump all over me. "WHAT??!!!  YOU'VE NEVER SEEN ELF???!!!!!???  No, I haven't. Perhaps I should go for a psychiatric evaluation.  

Honored Contributor

@Linda0215 wrote:

I've never seen Elf. When I say that, people jump all over me. "WHAT??!!!  YOU'VE NEVER SEEN ELF???!!!!!???  No, I haven't. Perhaps I should go for a psychiatric evaluation.  

@Linda0215 

Or not.

I'm a psychiatric nurse and I haven't seen Elf, either.

I might be the only one here who cannot tolerate Love Actually and thinks The Banshees of Inisherin is brilliant. Woman Embarassed

~My philosophy: Dogs are God's most perfect creatures. Angels, here on Earth, who teach us to be better human beings.~
Honored Contributor

I watch a lot of different Christmas movies.  My favorite "Christmas Carol" is the 1951 Alastair Sim version, but I've ended up liking other ones (George C. Scott and Patrick Stewart).  Do not like the musical Albert Finney version.

I like "White Christmas" but prefer it's predecessor "Holiday Inn" ( that WC was a spinoff from).

Other than that, I'll pretty much watch any classic Christmas movie, including modern classics like "Love Actually".

The only one I didn't like at all was "A Christmas Story".  And I have never watched "Elf".  But I'm about to just to see what it's all about!

Honored Contributor

@on the bay - I saw that 1938 version of "A Christmas Carol" the other night and couldn't watch it.  It's not because of the acting, but I was watching it on YouTubeTV and it was so out of focus, it was awful.

I don't know whether they just got a bad copy, but unwatchable for me.  I may try again.

Honored Contributor

@Nancy Drew - I love "While You Were Sleeping".  One of my all-time favorite films; love the cast, love the story line.  I have it on DVD because I hate how they chop out so much of films to make room for commercials.

Valued Contributor

@just bee wrote:

@Linda0215 wrote:

@Linda0215 

Or not.

I'm a psychiatric nurse and I haven't seen Elf, either.

I might be the only one here who cannot tolerate Love Actually and thinks The Banshees of Inisherin is brilliant. Woman Embarassed

@just bee , I've found my people!  😂

Trusted Contributor
I’m another infidel who cannot stand Elf. I saw it at the the theater when it came out and couldn’t believe how silly and over-rated it was. That it’s a “modern classical” that so many people seem to adore amazes me.
Honored Contributor

Okay, I might be in the minority but I love Elf! Great cast Will Ferrell, James Caan, Bob Newhart, Zooey Deschanel, Mary Steenburgen, and Ed Asner. Is it silly at times, yes, but I think it's an entertaining feel good movie.