Honored Contributor

Re: Hitchcock Fest Today on TCM, Plus Lana Turner!

Honored Contributor

@Oznell I do have the episode correct so you must see The unlocked Window if you can. A serial killer is in the area where some private nurses locked themselves in a large house.

Honored Contributor

Sounds intriguing, @OKPrincess!

Esteemed Contributor

Thanks again for the heads up.  I recorded about 6 of them.

To be honest, Madame X was one of my all-time favorites.  It was such a tear-jerker at the end and I am not a crier in movies, at all.  

I think I now have most of HItchcock's movies on record.  It will be a busy winter here in sunny Florida......

Honored Contributor

I enjoyed North by Northwest againGreat movie.

Honored Contributor

Oh wow, I'm watching Sean Connery sizing up Tippi Hedren in "Marni".  What an appealing actor!, with a lovely affinity for irony!

Honored Contributor

I watched a lot of the Hitchock fest and even though I've seen the films many times that I re-watched, I enjoyed them.  I never knew the little bit of trivia Mankiewicz (sp?) said after Rear Window - that Burr was made up to resemble David O. Selznick whom Hitch had really disagreed with about a prior film of his (forgot which now).  That made me laugh. I always thought Burr looked very weird in that wig he was wearing....

Honored Contributor

That is funny, @Pearlee, and sounds like Hitchcock's kind of humor.  I never thought of it before, but Raymond Burr does look a little like David O. Selznick in that part, ha.

Honored Contributor

@Oznell wrote:

That is funny, @Pearlee, and sounds like Hitchcock's kind of humor.  I never thought of it before, but Raymond Burr does look a little like David O. Selznick in that part, ha.

@Oznell  I hadn't thought of it before either, but as soon as Mankewicz said it, I saw the resemblance right away!

Honored Contributor

Oh, I'm so glad I saw this before 7 pm central time.  I must see Madam X.  It's one of my favorite movies and it's been awhile since I've seen it.  Thanks for the reminder @Oznell.

“You can’t wait until life isn’t hard anymore to be happy”. (By Nightbirde, singer of the song, It’s Ok)