Honored Contributor

Re: Harry Connick Jr. Talk Show To End

I am a big fan of Harry...he was a bit out of his element on the talk show. I only saw it a few times but thought it was boring and slow moving. 

Hey...we can't be great at everything!!!

Respected Contributor

That's too bad.  I sensed it was on the way out when it began to only air in the wee hours around here.  I like Harry - He was sooo good as "Leo" on "Will and Grace."

Esteemed Contributor

@lulu1wrote:

I attended his show twice the first season and once this season.  It was a lot of fun.  Unlike some other talk show hosts, (Rachel Ray and Martha Stewart) Harry Connick stayed and chatted with the audience. We were given some nice perks. 

I preferred the show's format the first season.

@lulu1 The 'official" announcement said they would still  be taping new shows. I went online to get tickets. Doesn't seem like they are ! I'll keep checking- I'd like to see a taping before it ends 

Respected Contributor

@Ibby114wrote:

The 'official" announcement said they would still  be taping new shows. I went online to get tickets. Doesn't seem like they are ! I'll keep checking- I'd like to see a taping before it ends 

@Ibby114

He  (clean shaven) and his wife were on GMA this morning.  Robin Roberts said she hoped someone would pick up his show for another season.

Honored Contributor

Luv HCJ, but his show was boring.

"friends don't let friends drink white zinfandel"
Esteemed Contributor

I like Harry Connick Jr.  We’ve seen him in concert and he puts on a fabulous show.  However, I never cared for him as a talk show host.  He’s very talented but I don’t think this was his forte.  

Esteemed Contributor

@cotton4mewrote:

I like Harry Connick Jr.  We’ve seen him in concert and he puts on a fabulous show.  However, I never cared for him as a talk show host.  He’s very talented but I don’t think this was his forte.  

@cotton4me  I think his show is pretty good. The problem is he tries to get a mini concert going with the crowd (much more than Ellen's show) and it's too early to get up and dance!!