Trusted Contributor

Re: Hallmark Movie - Love At Look Lodge.

I agree that this movie and the Daisy Hills movie were not the best.  The stories were light and the acting was so-so.  I enjoy the Christmas movies and seeing the lovely homes decorated and the winter scenes. I enjoy the mystery movies much more and like the actors in those very much.  There are some actors that I like to see even though they have been in many movies and even those actors could not help the interest in these two movies. 

I also enjoy the Lifetime movies but they are starting to be similar also.

Valued Contributor

Delete it.

I like a lot of the Hallmark movies but that one I had a hard time getting into as well.

Respected Contributor

I would like to thank everyone who took the time to reply.   The first 10 minutes of this movie did not look promising so I'm not surprised that so many of you did not care for it.  

I did record Follow Me to Daisy Hill but I deleted it before watching.  From the sound of it I made the right decision.  

More and more I'm leaning to Hallmark's Movies and Mysteries channel.  I hope they keep on putting out the entertaining mystery series.   I particularly like the Aurora Teagarden Mysteries , The Crossword Mysteries and The Morning Show Mysteries.

Trusted Contributor

i watched the last 1.5 hours.  The movie was formulaic, as most of the Hallmark romance movies.  The minor characters were more interesting.  The male lead was pale, seemed physically weak, and as someone else mentioned, lackluster, especially with the lead female charcter.  She had far more charisma and vitality.  Making them an interracial character did not make the movie interesting. Just made me think, why would she be interested in him?

Esteemed Contributor

I watch the Murders and Mystery channel more and more. I enjoy the series with reoccurring characters like Murder 101, Aurora, and the bakery one. Seem the acting is better too. Maybe I'm just tired of the same format of the movies on the HM channel so unless their are actors I like I don't watch anymore. I can watch anything with Jill Wagner especially 101 and love her father in it. 

Honored Contributor

Not worth it. On a scale of 1 to 10, I'd give it a 2 and that's being nice.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

Love At Look Lodge wasn't good but it was watchable.  As has been said, the male lead looked bored and not interesting at all.  He was the same in the movie where he played a prince.  And who fires their sister for only doing her job.  I think the writer of this movie was still learning how to write, lol.

The Daisy Hills movie was so bad I couldn't finish watching it.  The background music was so loud that it kept your focus instead of the characters.  Too loud and music didn't fit the scenes.  Very amateurish.

“You can’t wait until life isn’t hard anymore to be happy”. (By Nightbirde, singer of the song, It’s Ok)
Trusted Contributor

I have not seen this one yet, which is odd since I watch Hallmark all the time..my family makes fun of me...but I'm not going to lie, It's my go to happy place when the news is so depressing.  I don't recognize the two leads in this....I definitely have my favorites....

Take time every day to enjoy where you are without a need to fix it
Trusted Contributor

@mspatmac wrote:

I watch the Murders and Mystery channel more and more. I enjoy the series with reoccurring characters like Murder 101, Aurora, and the bakery one. Seem the acting is better too. Maybe I'm just tired of the same format of the movies on the HM channel so unless their are actors I like I don't watch anymore. I can watch anything with Jill Wagner especially 101 and love her father in it. 

Jilll is one of my favorites too...she just had a baby so don't know if she's coming back or not.

Take time every day to enjoy where you are without a need to fix it
Respected Contributor

Tried to watch this one last night.  Deleted it halfway through. It WAS a stinker!  There was absolutely NO chemistry between any of the actors.  A shame, since the setting, itself, was quite beautiful.