Respected Contributor

Marie Osmond Leaving The Talk

Marie Osmond is leaving The Talk.

Osmond's exit from the CBS daytime talk show comes one year after she took over the position from former co-host Sara Gilbert, Deadline reported Wednesday.

CBS said in a statement to the outlet that Osmond will be missed.

"Marie is a consummate professional, and we thank her for sharing her personal experiences, insight, as well as incredible talents, with our audience," the network's statement said. "We will miss her humor, kindness and good nature, and wish her much success in her future endeavors."

The Talk is co-hosted by Eve, Carrie Ann Inaba, Sharon Osbourne and Sheryl Underwood.

Osmond, 60, added in a statement to Deadline that she is looking forward to working on new projects with executive producer John Redmann, who also recently left The Talk.

"One of the highlights of my year at The Talk was working with my dear friend John Redmann, and I’m excited to continue our working relationship on several projects we are developing," Osmond said.

The singer is also looking forward to adjusting to life as an empty nester, she added to Deadline.

"Also, my husband and I just dropped our last two kids off at college, we looked at each other, laughed and remembered we hadn’t been this alone together since 1982!!" Osmond said. "So, at this stage of my life, I’m looking forward to spending more time with him and visiting all the kids/grandkids."

Osmond and her husband Steve Craig — whom she remarried 26 years after their divorce — share son Stephen, now 37. Osmond shares six other children with ex-husband Brian Blosil. Their son Michael died in 2010 at the age of 19.

Last November, Osmond and her brother Donny Osmond ended their 11-year Las Vegas residency. Most recently, the actress has appeared in The Road Home for Christmas on Lifetime.

Frequent Contributor

Re: Marie Osmond Leaving The Talk

I really wish these clebs would be honest on why they leave these shows.  Come on Marie ...  

Honored Contributor

I won't be sorry to see Marie go.  I must admit I was disappointed when she was chosen to replace Sara.  I haven't been impressed with her on this show.  She also doesn't sync very well with the other hosts.  

Honored Contributor

Now that the last two are in college,  she and her husband are freeer to travel some and get use to just the two of them.  

Respected Contributor

@CalminHeart wrote:

I won't be sorry to see Marie go.  I must admit I was disappointed when she was chosen to replace Sara.  I haven't been impressed with her on this show.  She also doesn't sync very well with the other hosts.  

@CalminHeart   I completely agree.

I was disappointed to see her as Sara's replacement. I never thought she contributed all that much to the show. She mostly just sat there like a bump on a log. When she actually did join in on a topic, I was too distracted by her talons to even hear what she was saying.

Respected Contributor

@qualitygal She certainly flits around.

Trusted Contributor

I can't believe that show is even still on.  I don't watch network tv so I had no idea.

Honored Contributor

Who would you like to see replace her? I wouldn't mind seeing Carnie Wilson, or Leah Remini....Aisha Tyler would be great to see back, but I doubt she would come back! But maybe with Criminal Minds gone?????

Frequent Contributor

@CANDLEQUEEN wrote:

Who would you like to see replace her? I wouldn't mind seeing Carnie Wilson, or Leah Remini....Aisha Tyler would be great to see back, but I doubt she would come back! But maybe with Criminal Minds gone?????

OH YES...  I would actuallt love to see Leah Remini replace her.  That's a person I did not think about, but LOVE IT ! ! ! !

Honored Contributor

I will alert the media.

'cuz every girl's crazy 'bout a sharp dressed man