Valued Contributor

I saw this tonight in L.A. and it was FABULOUS!! The talent, music, sets, and costumes . . . . Absolutely wonderful! If you are a fan of musicals and the tour comes to your town, it’s worth seeing. 🎭

Honored Contributor

Re: HELLO DOLLY, The Musical

I saw this many many years ago with my parents.  Betty Grable played Dolly.  I remember thinking it was great but don't remember details.  I would definitely go see it now.  Glad you enjoyed it.

The Bluebird Carries The Sky On His Back"
-Henry David Thoreau

Esteemed Contributor

Saw it in NYC with Bette Midler. Enjoyed the show and music so much, that I also saw the touring show with Betty Buckley a year later.

Agree - it’s just a fun show with a song that literally stops the show (first time I’ve ever seen a standing ovation in the middle of a show was Bette performing the title song).
Respected Contributor

@Ifeelwicked wrote:

I saw this tonight in L.A. and it was FABULOUS!! The talent, music, sets, and costumes . . . . Absolutely wonderful! If you are a fan of musicals and the tour comes to your town, it’s worth seeing. 🎭

Was Betty Buckley in it?  It's coming to Pittsburgh this summer with Betty - I always liked her.  

Super Contributor

Years ago I saw Hello, Dolly on Broadway with Carol Channing and later with Pearl Bailey!  Of course, I also love the movie with Barbara Streisand.  Great show!

Trusted Contributor

@BklynKinsey

How lucky to see it with such great Broadway stars!

I saw it with Bette Midler last year.  Loved it.

Contributor

I saw Hello Dolly last summer with Bernadette Peters on Broadway. It was a birthday present from my sister. She was trying to get tickets for Bette Midler as Dolly but couldn't. No worries, the show was fantastic with Bernadette Peters. She did a great job as Dolly. A few days after my sister purchased the tickets, it came out in the news that Bette Midler was coming back to finish out the show. We loved the show and had a wonderful day in the city, even though the temperature that day was close to 100 degrees.

Valued Contributor

@FranandZoe wrote:

@Ifeelwicked wrote:

Was Betty Buckley in it?  It's coming to Pittsburgh this summer with Betty - I always liked her.  

No, and we were told by someone we ran into that Betty wasn’t going on, but said we truly would not be disappointed. AND WE ABSOLUTELY WERE NOT!! Omg, her u/s Jessica Sheridan was fabulous!!! The standing ovation was longer than any I had witnessed in a long time. I’d love to see it again and with Jessica as Dolly. She’s THAT good❣️

Honored Contributor

I'd like to have seen it with Bernadette Peters or with Bette Milder and while they aren't going to cast untalented performers for this key role and while I'm sure Betty Buckley and others do a good job, I don't think I'd choose to pay the price of admission to see them in the role... 

In my pantry with my cupcakes...
Honored Contributor

I saw it on stage with Carol Channing.