Respected Contributor

Re: HAPPY BIRTHDAY, WILLIAM SHATNER

I've always liked him. My mom was a big Captain Kirk fan. I liked him in Boston legal.

Respected Contributor

Of course I loved him on Star Trek...

I will never forget his eloquent, heartfelt speech when he returned to earth after his Blue Origin flight. He expressed his thoughts beautifully as to what that trip meant to him. He seemed awed and humbled by the experience.

I'm not a fan of Jeff Bezos but he did the right thing in picking William Shatner for the flight.

Honored Contributor

@Jersey Born - I didn't mean William Shatner was trying to be funny when he recorded his album - just the song "Mr. Tambourine Man".

He was exaggerating the sounds and words.  He didn't do that in "Rocket Man" or "Somehow You Do", for example.

But maybe DH and I are wrong!  Either way, we enjoyed it.

Valued Contributor

@Oznell   Maybe you will enjoy these photos of Bill I took after a theater performance of "Arsenic & Old Lace". Audience was allowed to come backstage for autographs & photos. He was very gracious & charming. 

Also saw him a few years ago at a screening of a " Star Trek movie followed by a live Q & A. He was funny & charming.

Can't get these pictures very clear.  A very happy birthday to Bill!

IMG_20240322_222347.jpgIMG_20240322_222308.jpgIMG_20240322_223253.jpg

Respected Contributor

@AZfem  Those are wonderful backstage photos that you took of William Shatner! He's a very handsome man Smiley HappyHeart! Happy birthday, William Shatner!

Honored Contributor

Thinking back to Boston Legal, I still chuckle when I picture Alan and Denny up on the roof and Denny asking Alan if he wants to have a sleep over.  And then he asks him to marry him. Looks like the Mad Cow disease still has Denny alive and well. 

Honored Contributor

He was a guest on Kelly Clarkson's Show Friday March 22.  First half hour segment.

Very personable guest.  And it's obvious that he truly enjoyed being on her show.

Nice surprise birthday pizza at the end of the segment.

Try to find it and watch!  

'More or less', 'Right or wrong', 'In general', and 'Just thinking out loud ' (as usual).
Honored Contributor

p.s. Watch for free on NBC.  

Kelly Clarkson Show  

Friday, March 22  William Shatner (first half hour interview). 

'More or less', 'Right or wrong', 'In general', and 'Just thinking out loud ' (as usual).
Honored Contributor

@AZfem ,  thanks for posting your own adorable photos of your encounter with him--  utterly charming!

Honored Contributor

New documentary this year: You Can Call Me Bill