Honored Contributor

Re: Guilty pleasures: I'm going

[ Edited ]

I always watched Emergency and it was sooo cheesy, the dialog was typical of a Jack Webb production! (a good thing).

A fun factoid: Jack Webb hired Bobby Troup who was married to Jack's ex-wife, Julie London, who was also on the show. Guess he had no hard feelings!  I had read that they did remain close friends.

Esteemed Contributor

Re: Guilty pleasures: I'm going to fess up

Doris Day, Rock Hudson movies. Danielle Steel books, The Best Of Bread cd.s..... my life is a lot of cheese. Just the way I like it.

Wrong is still wrong just because you benefited from it.
Respected Contributor

I admit to watching Svengoolie on Saturday nights.  Each movie is soooo bad and entertaining....and I love the "Intermission" where he rewrites the lyrics to a song to fit the storyline and serenades the viewing audience.

So bad it's good lol.  

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Shelbelle wrote:

Daytime for me has been Days of Our Lives for the last 55 years and my all time fave night time show, N ip T uck, amazing writing for its time !!!

Some how this show eluded my attention at the time it ran but I ran across it a number of years ago (can't remember where - Netflix or something maybe?) and watched the entire series over a short period of time.  What an awesome show!    I was so bummed when I finished.  I should find it again as I'm sure I've forgotten pretty much everything except how much I loved it.

ETA:  I just did a search on my Tivo for N/T and both Prime and Hulu have it.  woot!  Smiley Happy

Honored Contributor

@Nancy Drew wrote:

Doris Day, Rock Hudson movies. Danielle Steel books, The Best Of Bread cd.s..... my life is a lot of cheese. Just the way I like it.

I don't know if we've discussed this but I know I was talking somewhere about The Best of Bread recently, and how much I love it.  I really need to get a chance to crank up the iPod!  Smiley Very Happy   Such beautiful songs.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

lol! I have liked all those too!

and recently I was very impressed with Peppa Pig-my grandkids suggested it😄I still adore Sesame Street after all these years! 

My family did know I used to watch QVC for background and everything else, but not now of course.(not soothing except for Carolyn, and maybe Tova and Valerie if she's with Jane or Rick or someone I like).

Right now I can't stop watching Murder She Wrote-so soothing and you can do other things and not think if you want. It is free on Peacock (which is free).

And sadly I no longer get Diagnosis Murder ( I love ****** Van ******!)

I already ran thru every British, Australian, Italian crime and mystery series I could find on Amazon and Roku, which I loved, but alas I have watched them all.

I tried Schitts Creek and do love the son and father is funny too but it gets tiresome and I have to concentrate lol!I I have watched others-Christmas, Netflix- Grace and FrankieHeart and many others but I mostly like things that are very familiar to be relaxing and not think too much!

"If you walk the footsteps of a stranger, you'll learn things you never knew. Can you sing with all the voices of the mountains? can you paint with all the colors of the wind?"
Esteemed Contributor

Wish I could buy a copy of the  Canadian series  " Beyond " that was on from 2005-2007 . I used to watch it  on  a US channel . I remember a  man  being a Host  and I think a lady .  Each episode was   supposedly a story abt real people who had paranormal experiences .

Honored Contributor

I also loved Schitts Creek, although the Moira character annoyed me and any character I've ever seen Chris Elliott plays makes me want to scream obsenities at the tv.  But, aside from that, I really liked the show and just finished watching the entire series two more times.

Respected Contributor

@spiderw wrote:

When I was a young girl, my uncle took me to a pro wrestling match.  He told me it wasn't real and I actually found it to be entertaining.  I still watch wrestling which I am embarrassed to admit.  However, I know it is fake and just pure entertainment.  The story lines become silly and ridiculous, the women's outfits much too skimpy and insulting to women, I do not care for the family behind the entertainment at all.  As you can see my guilty pleasure is wearing thin!!!!!!

Oh gosh, I used to be seriously into watching the WWF/WWE about 20 years ago or so.  I think it was HHH that got me hooked.  What a beast.  And then I had the Brothers of Destruction - (The Undertaker and Kane).  The size of Kane's arms were bigger than my thighs!!  And this is when he was masked.  Loved it.  The Hardy Boys, Test, Mankind, and so many others.  I quit watching because my guys would get hurt and be out for months, new ones would come in, some would leave or get fired, etc....So I eventually lost interest.  But Roman Reigns is so good looking if I see him on I will watch again.  Everyone enjoys some cheese now and then  Woman Wink

Flowers are nature's way of laughing
Esteemed Contributor

I like old time radio shows.  The older the better. I wasn't born in radio heydays, only knew TV growing up.  Some are corny funny,some creepy.  I like them all except Charlie McCarthy and Red Skelton, just not funny.  I can borrow them from the library and they have a few on radio here in Chicago.  Fun thread.

Trees are the lungs of the Earth