Honored Contributor

Re: Guilty pleasures: I'm going to fess up

@SloopJohnB wrote:

@Puppy Lips  Kent McCord !!!!  In some pics he's got a little bit of a young Tom Brady look going on......

@SloopJohnB 

I do see that resemblence to Tom (Im an NFL fan)

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

The Flintstones and the Jetsons (METV Channel)......😄  Its fun to see how many of the Jetson items we actually have in production today.....

ZOOM MEETING---

Evaluating Smart Home Technology from The Jetsons | Digital Trends

ROBO VAC

Evaluating Smart Home Technology from The Jetsons | Digital Trends

How The Jetsons Can Help With Your Last-Minute Holiday Shopping

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Respected Contributor

@Spurt  Yes, 2 good looking guys!  I see the resemblance mostly around the eyes smile and jawline.  😍

I would give everything I own just to have you back again.......David Gates of Bread
Esteemed Contributor

I liked to watch Svengoolie on METV. He showed some old classic movies and gave bits of information on the actors.There were also one liners and a musical version of the movie. Campy but fun. 

I no longer get METV because I changed companies, but enjoyed the program while it was on. 

"The more I learn about people, the more I like my dog."

Mark Twain
Respected Contributor

@Spurt  Those are/were my favorite cartoons of all time.  I always found it ironic that they are the extreme opposite as far as time periods.....stone age to space age....yet both so similar in that they were both shows showing a family with children.

I would give everything I own just to have you back again.......David Gates of Bread
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@SloopJohnB wrote:

@Spurt  Those are/were my favorite cartoons of all time.  I always found it ironic that they are the extreme opposite as far as time periods.....stone age to space age....yet both so similar in that they were both shows showing a family with children.

@SloopJohnB 

They were my favorite cartoons as a kid too, and the storylines were more geared for adults too....I guess that's why METV picked them up.....Im glad we havent gone to flying cars though....some people cant drive well on land....😄

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@teganslaw wrote:

I liked to watch Svengoolie on METV. He showed some old classic movies and gave bits of information on the actors.There were also one liners and a musical version of the movie. Campy but fun. 

I no longer get METV because I changed companies, but enjoyed the program while it was on. 

@teganslaw 

I sometimes watch Svengoolie and enjoy some of those old classic sci fi and scary movies....

Respected Contributor

@Spurt  Yes, I totally agree about those shows geared for adults, too.  I really am worried about the upcoming self driving (autonomous) cars.  Talk about yikes!  LOL

Honored Contributor

Peppa fan here!!  My almost three year old granddaughter pronounces certain words with a British accent thanks to Peppa.  It's a riot.

Respected Contributor

@teganslaw @Just sn FYI that may help you.....I got rid of cable a few years  ago.  Bought a $16 antenna that attaches to the back of my tv....it brings in almost 50 channeles, including all the locals (ABC, CBS, NBC and PBS) as well as ANTENNA, COZI, and ME-TV.

You could use in addition to your cable package with just the cost of the antenna.