Respected Contributor

@occasionalrain

The mystery stories used to be the main focus, but lately have devoted a lot of time to the personal lives of each character.  The producers have not indicated publically if they want another series with BBC.  But the pat endings and more time devoted to the character's lives indicates to me they were trying to wrap up the series.

Honored Contributor

Re: Grantchester

[ Edited ]

I actually like amanda, thought she added another side the character of sidney.

When you lose some one you L~O~V~E, that Memory of them, becomes a TREASURE.
Honored Contributor

I appreciated that they provided satisfactory endings IF that were the end. But I would certainly like them to go on. Now that the main characters are on good "tracks", I think in future they could, and should, improve the scripted mysteries. It seems as if the writer changed direction to 90% personal development/angst and the 10% mystery element became a throw-away.

I want to hear what's happening with all the characters (except Amanda because I just.don't.care), BUT I want the good mysteries that were a part of the first two seasons.

There needs to be something like 50-50 or 60-40 balance between  the mysteries and the personal. My hope is that if it returns, Daisy Coulam does that.

Life without Mexican food is no life at all