Honored Contributor

Re: General Hospital ~ September 2021 ~ Spoilers Included

[ Edited ]

@grandma r  I watched Friday's show earlier and the jumping around was really much worse even than usual. If they think they're building dramatic tension, they aren't. All they're doing is further annoying an already annoyed audience. 

In my pantry with my cupcakes...
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

... So Jax had been working a lot of folks nerves with his demands around Jocelyn but I have to say, after his scenes with Ninny I have a whole new appreciation for Mister J... Well played and convincing, at least on his end.

... Speaking of Ninny, seeing a whole lot more of her on screen than is either necessary or desirable... I. cannot. stand. her.

... Do the ridiculous Five Families always meet in an abandoned warehouse? This is the 21st Century folks and mobs now have legitimate businesses as covers with plush offices and conference rooms. Surely, one of them can supply more upscale accommodations.

... Maybe I'll change my mind, but as of now I can't muster any desire to see Sonny return. As I've said, his long 'absence' has proved the show can go on without him. The fact that the show has been lethally boring in recent months isn't so much a testament to his character or, heaven only knows, his acting. In fact, it's that awful Tan-o story line that's contributed to the level of tedium. Rather, the level of boredom is a testament to bad writing and bad editing.

... Sorry folks, I'm good with Jason and Carly as a couple. While I don't think it will be a long marriage, assuming it even happens, as a non-'lifer', there's always been that vibe of something more than friendship going on between them.

... Sorry Sasha, but no one is on board with her man being a stripper. I have to side with The Carbuncle on this one.

Respected Contributor

@SleeplessinSD   That pic of Sonny is so apropos what with Halloween coming soon enough.  Looking forward to see how they handle the big reveal to all the others.

I would give everything I own just to have you back again.......David Gates of Bread
Honored Contributor

@Laura14  Laura... Sweetie... In light of your untimely demise, we've convinced the powers that be to fold you into the grave site formerly not occupied by Sonny... He won't need it and while his body was never there, well, you can pretend...

Top 30 Jessica Walter GIFs | Find the best GIF on Gfycat

Esteemed Contributor

Years ago, whenever the 5 families were on camera, there were 5 (one boss with a Russian accent).  So, where is #5????  I mean,  seriously, they may think viewers are dumb, but we can count to 5.  Details, Frank, details!!!!!

Esteemed Contributor

@Laura14 wrote:

Finally watched Thursday and Friday's show. I volunteer to be Peter's next victim. 

(insert my chalk outline here)

Woman LOLWoman LOL

Esteemed Contributor

@stevieb wrote:

... So Jax had been working a lot of folks nerves with his demands around Jocelyn but I have to say, after his scenes with Ninny I have a whole new appreciation for Mister J... Well played and convincing, at least on his end.

... Speaking of Ninny, seeing a whole lot more of her on screen than is either necessary or desirable... I. cannot. stand. her.

... Do the ridiculous Five Families always meet in an abandoned warehouse? This is the 21st Century folks and mobs now have legitimate businesses as covers with plush offices and conference rooms. Surely, one of them can supply more upscale accommodations.

... Maybe I'll change my mind, but as of now I can't muster any desire to see Sonny return. As I've said, his long 'absence' has proved the show can go on without him. The fact that the show has been lethally boring in recent months isn't so much a testament to his character or, heaven only knows, his acting. In fact, it's that awful Tan-o story line that's contributed to the level of tedium. Rather, the level of boredom is a testament to bad writing and bad editing.

... Sorry folks, I'm good with Jason and Carly as a couple. While I don't think it will be a long marriage, assuming it even happens, as a non-'lifer', there's always been that vibe of something more than friendship going on between them.

... Sorry Sasha, but no one is on board with her man being a stripper. I have to side with The Carbuncle on this one.

@stevieb , I agree with everything but Jason and Carly.  It is from being a watcher of the show from the beginning of them....if I were new to the show I'd probably be good with it, too....but knowing the history and everything <vomit>

Esteemed Contributor

@stevieb wrote:

Yes, he was very patient.

I wonder if Nina will be the one to shoot Peter as he and Sonny/Mike square off? Is the gun still behind the bar???

This IS Port Charles, after all. They have always hung out in warehouses and on the docks. I mean, none of them are the Gambino Crime Family. 

How far is Nixon Falls from Port Charles? I can't for the life of me figure out why no one but Nina found Mike.

For certain, Carly has always had feelings for Jason. As I've said before I think she has always fantasized about a menage a trois with the two men.

As I said above, this IS Port Charles. Perhaps their strippers are as lame as their mobsters for want of comparison.

Esteemed Contributor

@grandma r wrote:

I found yesterday's episode very tedious.   Jumping from story to story, obviously stretching for time, was most annoying.  Enough with BLQ pushing Austin on Maxie and Maxie telling BLQ how to parent.  Either go with the switch that you planned or tell the truth and move on.

OMG, Jax is such an idiot.  Does he really think Ninny will tell Smike the truth????  And then, enter Petey (looking for revenge).  Here's an idea...Jax could call Jason and let him know Sonny is alive.  Or, at the very least, snap a pic of Sonny and send it to Joss.  Do something!!!!!  But, I suppose this garbage will continue to drag on and on.

I do think TPTB do actually read the fallout and negativity toward these ridiculous stories, however, they just don't care.  It's obvious that the network execs don't care either.  If they cared about ratings, they would hire people who could deliver.  As for casting, they need help big time.

Soap characters never do the logcal, moral, or obvious thing in a situation. That's how many of them turn their backs at the wrong time, talk in the open about secrets, never tell the truth when required, bury themselves in their own blunders, etc. etc. Of course Jax won'tdo any of the things you suggest. And then there's Maxi. This is not the first baby ruse she has participated in. That's why Spinelli got custody of Georgie. And yet here we are STILL watching.  LOL.

Esteemed Contributor

@RainCityWoman. Yes, we are still watching and hoping that the writing gets better.  As I've said before, having watched from the beginning,  we've endured some pretty lame storylines over the years.  However, they didn't drag on ad nauseam.  And, we still remember some very compelling stories on screen.

We've seen our share of dud actors on GH, but, they didn't stick around too long (ie...one of the Carly's).  Now TPTB seem to gravitate toward the duds, even resurrecting some.

I still watch because it's become a habit.  However, I have moved to watching on hulu as I can watch on my timetable and I don't have any of the annoying commercials.  More importantly,  I thoroughly enjoy being part of this group of amazing ladies!!!