Esteemed Contributor

Re: General Hospital ~ September 2021 ~ Spoilers Included

I found yesterday's episode very tedious.   Jumping from story to story, obviously stretching for time, was most annoying.  Enough with BLQ pushing Austin on Maxie and Maxie telling BLQ how to parent.  Either go with the switch that you planned or tell the truth and move on.

OMG, Jax is such an idiot.  Does he really think Ninny will tell Smike the truth????  And then, enter Petey (looking for revenge).  Here's an idea...Jax could call Jason and let him know Sonny is alive.  Or, at the very least, snap a pic of Sonny and send it to Joss.  Do something!!!!!  But, I suppose this garbage will continue to drag on and on.

I do think TPTB do actually read the fallout and negativity toward these ridiculous stories, however, they just don't care.  It's obvious that the network execs don't care either.  If they cared about ratings, they would hire people who could deliver.  As for casting, they need help big time.

Honored Contributor

GENERAL HOSPITAL SOAPBOX

Dustin Cushman

Soapbox

Carly and Jason’s Revised History and  Rediscovered Love Left Many Fans Seeing Red

General Hospital definitely had people talking this week. Several interesting tidbits surrounding the younger crowd’s parentages were dropped and got many viewers thinking. However, it was what was going on in Nixon Falls, and what developed between Carly and Jason, that really had people fired up. Let’s dig into all that happened in Port Charles.

Wedding-Day Blues

Carly and Jason’s wedding day started off with Carly getting a visit from Monica, who wanted to try and forge a cordial in-law relationship with Carly for Jason. Many viewers were upset and felt they were softening Monica’s character and her dislike of Carly for the sake of playing up Jason and Carly, but what happened next really got fans riled up. Carly and Jason professed that their old feelings for each other were re-emerging, and shared a kiss. Many were outraged at the writers’ playing fast and loose with history to suit the current narrative.

While some feel Jason and Carly have been destined for this since the beginning, many were furious that the show has made it appear that Carly pushed her feelings for Jason aside for all these years after sleeping with Sonny, and Jason did the same. As for Robin, some feel as if the show just steamrolled over what Jason and Robin once had to make it all about Carly. As Nina cried in Friday’s episode, “It always comes back to Carly!”

Carly enjoyed her kiss with Jason GH

As I have been writing for a few weeks, the show pairing Jason and Carly, as repulsive as it might be for many, was the soapy thing to do in order to cause major issues when Sonny finally returns. Finding his wife and best friend now married and in love makes for good drama. However, there was no need to play around with history.

Rather than complicate everything with Britt and Jason’s one-week romance, the show should have simply focused on Jason and Carly’s grief over the loss of Sonny, and the issues with the Five Families, which naturally would have brought them closer. As it stands, Britt is the only person in this entire messy story that I actually feel sorry for because she got dumped on to prop up Jason, Carly and Sonny.

Over in Nixon Falls

Over in Nixon Falls, Jax was stunned to confirm his suspicions that Nina’s new man was in fact Sonny. Just as it looked like Nina was slowly beginning to face the reality that what she had with “Mike” was likely not going to last, she did a 180 and begged Jax to keep the secret and let Sonny stay dead.

Soaps love to drag scenes out by filling them with storyline recaps, trips down memory lane and pointless bantering, and this was no exception. After so many months of dealing with this frustrating storyline, all we viewers want is for someone to tell Sonny the truth already.

Nina is stunned by Peter's return GH

Sadly, just as Jax got through to Nina, Peter resurfaced like a bad skin rash that refuses to go away. My prediction? Peter can’t lose his leverage over Nina, so Jax is probably in a whole lot of danger right now. I don’t think the show will kill Jax off, but something will happen to him in order to keep stretching this storyline out until November Sweeps.

source: soapsheknows

April is Autism Awareness/Acceptance month.
Honored Contributor

"I found yesterday's episode very tedious.   Jumping from story to story, obviously stretching for time, was most annoying."

@grandma r  They do far, far too much of this and as I recently noted, the way they combine story arcs to make an entire show is pretty bad. They try too hard to stretch out the somewhat interesting stories, but instead of the good stuff diluting the boring stuff, it turns out the other way around, that the tiresome stories, of which there are many, overshadow the few interesting scenes we might see...

In my pantry with my cupcakes...
Esteemed Contributor

@Tique. Oh, heavens to Murgatroyd!!!!!  If this Smike garbage drags on until November, I might lose my marbles!!  How much more Ninny must viewers endure????  If any part of this stuff was compelling,  it might be tolerable.   Unfortunately,  this entire concept from the very beginning has been just awful!!!  The idea was bad enough, but, to have a supposed mob kingpin missing and presumed dead with NO MEDIA coverage up and down the East Coast was an insult to viewers.  So much that should have happened when Sonny was rescued was blatantly ignored!!!

Why in world are they bringing another Ryan s/l to the forefront????  Viewers didn't care for his previous s/l after 25 years of being "dead".  As far as I'm concerned,  little Miss Esme and her trained monkey (aka Spence) can go back to anywhere...as long as it's far, far away.  Neither one brings anything special to GH.

Not sure where some of these actors got their training, but, it's not good.  For some, the "acting skills" leave a lot to be desired.

Anyway, no one that can change anything cares what I think.  Too bad, even older people are consumers.  It just might benefit them to listen and react to viewers input.

Honored Contributor

Not sure if this was posted already. I read there'll be a fire at the Tan-O. Not sure how it starts. Sonny will get hurt, pass out, and when he comes to will remember his past. The wedding will happen. It also said, big fireworks at the reception. Maurice posted this photo on Twitter. From what he said, the moment we've all been waiting for is coming up soon. Of course, as we all know, "soon" could be by November sweeps! Let's hope not...

70819476-2852-48E9-881D-2361F6A620AB.jpeg

~H~
Honored Contributor

GH Spoilers: Nina Sees Liesl’s Failed To Kill Peter

Diane Brounstein

GH spoilers for Monday, September 13, 2021

GH spoilers for Monday reveal lies uncovered, a botched assassination, growing danger, and so much more.

GH Spoilers Highlights

Nina thought the arrival of Jax was enough to throw her off her game but now a not-dead (ugh, again!) Peter August has obviously escaped her Aunt Liesl’s clutches. She tries desperately to keep things at the Tan-O from getting worse as Peter’s wondering how best to handle her. Will Mike get there in time?

Peter is also on the minds of those back in Port Charles, at least Maxie and Brook Lynn. They hit a crossroads as they continue to clash about how BLQ is raising “Bailey” and keeping her safe from Peter. Maxie wants to know if ELQ is really worth all this devastation. She’s obviously never been a Quartermaine.

The Power of the Dark Side

Valentin gets a worrying call and tells Anna Devane. She lets him know he’s her friend too and she’s able to worry but what is going on? Valentin also confronts Spencer and Nikolas Cassadine and tells them it makes him feel like they’re hiding something.

Could this have to do with their not-so-dead relative, Victor Cassadine? GH spoilers tease that a common adversary, obviously Valentin, gives Nikolas and Spencer a chance to bond so it’s not all bad — for them. But trouble may be on the horizon for them as Trina reveals to Josslyn that Spencer lied about something else.

A Moment Of Clarity

It may be her wedding day but that doesn’t stop Carly from suddenly bonding with Ava as the two women have a heart-to-heart, with Carly telling Ava she’s got no choice with the step she’s taking. Guess Carly can be supportive when she gets her way, keeping Avery near her. It’s still odd though.

Curtis realizes that saving Jordan wasn’t a choice at all — he knew what he had to do the second he learned that Jordan was in trouble. But she remains in trouble, as Austin Gatlin-Holt tells Jordan that they need to discuss her latest test results — and he’s not smiling.

April is Autism Awareness/Acceptance month.
Respected Contributor

@SleeplessinSD wrote:

Not sure if this was posted already. I read there'll be a fire at the Tan-O. Not sure how it starts. Sonny will get hurt, pass out, and when he comes to will remember his past. The wedding will happen. It also said, big fireworks at the reception. Maurice posted this photo on Twitter. From what he said, the moment we've all been waiting for is coming up soon. Of course, as we all know, "soon" could be by November sweeps! Let's hope not...

Having a fire breakout at the Tan-O makes sense since the place is being renovated and there are all kinds of perhaps "combustible" things lying around.  I posted awhile back that Sonny's memory/return to PC may drag out until Nov sweeps.  Just like "today is Jason/Carly's wedding day" which began last week and culminates on Friday, Sept 17th.  Yeech!!!

Esteemed Contributor

This storyline with Carly and Jason suddenly now being in love may be the reason LW took a twitter break.  She knew alll the negativity she was getting before would be nothing compared to the longtime viewers' reaction to this.

Honored Contributor

Finally watched Thursday and Friday's show. I volunteer to be Peter's next victim. 

(insert my chalk outline here)

Honored Contributor

@Laura14 wrote:

Finally watched Thursday and Friday's show. I volunteer to be Peter's next victim. 

(insert my chalk outline here)

Done...

Amazon.com: Crime Scene Tape Homicide Dead Body Outline Cool Wall Decor Art  Print Poster 18x12: Posters & Prints

In my pantry with my cupcakes...