Respected Contributor

Re: General Hospital ~ March 2021 ~ Spoilers Included

@BeckiWV   Hi Hi.   I'm going to be busy all day tomorrow, so......

HAPPY HAPPY HAPPY BIRTHDAY!  Enjoy your day. I don't know if your seeing you kids on your birthday (I hope so, even if at a distance) but I hope so. If not, it will be right around the corner.

So, again, HAPPY BIRTHDAY and many, many more.❤️🤗🎂🎉🎈🎈🎈

Happiness is not a destination, it is a way of life.
Trusted Contributor

LipstickDiva and BeckiWV - Happy, happy birthday to you both. May you have a blessed birthday and many more.  Enjoy your weekend too. Happy spring to all

Esteemed Contributor

@Tique wrote:

@mysoutherncomfort wrote:

...I still can't buy that Finn (changed his last name and stayed away for almost 30 years just b/c of guilt).  So he saw after almost a year, a happy family (Jackie/Gregory/Harry), yeah, so, and jumps to the conclusion, the baby may be his. He was in his early 20's. So what?  Most young men would be delighted and breathe a sign of relief, to acknowledge a "baby brother".

@mysoutherncomfort   he was happy to do exactly what you stated - as a young man. That's why all those years ago he took Jackie at her word when she said her son's father was Gregory. Maybe subconciously he had doubts which contributed to him disappearing and staying away.

----------------

I am thinking that a 2nd/3rd DNA test will clearly show that Finn is not Chase's father!!   Then everyone will take a breath and all will be well with the world. Except...daddy Greg now knows of son's betrayal...

sleeping with Jackie the night before the big day!!! 

Esteemed Contributor

@corita wrote:

@Tique wrote:

...I still can't buy that Finn (changed his last name and stayed away for almost 30 years just b/c of guilt).  So he saw after almost a year, a happy family (Jackie/Gregory/Harry), yeah, so, and jumps to the conclusion, the baby may be his. He was in his early 20's. So what?  Most young men would be delighted and breathe a sign of relief, to acknowledge a "baby brother".

@mysoutherncomfort   he was happy to do exactly what you stated - as a young man. That's why all those years ago he took Jackie at her word when she said her son's father was Gregory. Maybe subconciously he had doubts which contributed to him disappearing and staying away.

----------------

I am thinking that a 2nd/3rd DNA test will clearly show that Finn is not Chase's father!!   Then everyone will take a breath and all will be well with the world. Except...daddy Greg now knows of son's betrayal...

sleeping with Jackie the night before the big day!!! 

What about Jackie's betrayal? Finn was in his eaarly 20's and had a relationship/friendship with her. Yes, they slept together the night before the wedding, but I believe Finn thought she would call it off, but she didn't. She was older than he and also I think may have been his professor. I see most of this being on Jackie, not Finn.

Esteemed Contributor

@stevieb wrote:

I really wish soap writers would stop taking the easy way out so often. So very tired of the whole altered paternity test nonsense. Here we go on this show. Bold and Beautiful just pulled this one out of their hat and Young and Restless has made a habit of it. It's grown predictable, boring and frankly, it's just lazy. In this instance, when all is said and done, all the angst will have been for nothing.

LOL. GH is known for this, or it was when sleazy Brad was in charge of the lab. He was always altering results. But he's not there now, so who is the culprit this time? That hospital is just not ethical, especially now that Cyrus is in charge. I do not think Finn is really Chase's father. 

Esteemed Contributor

@stevieb wrote:

@DLew wrote:

I thought Cyrus got involved with the paternity test to get back at Jackie for her attempts to write an expose on him and for helping his finger-licking good brother to visit with their mother. 

Could be I guess, but it seems like the guys, all of them, are the ones to suffer, more so than Jackie.

I was going to give the same answer as @DLew.  Cyrus' motive (at least for now) seems to be pure revenge.  Alledgedly, mom/wife Jackie is wracked with guilt about the "sleepover" the night before her wedding. 

I still can't buy that Finn (changed his last name and stayed away for almost 30 years just b/c of guilt).  So he saw after almost a year, a happy family (Jackie/Gregory/Harry), yeah, so, and jumps to the conclusion, the baby may be his. He was in his early 20's. So what?  Most young men would be delighted and breathe a sign of relief, to acknowledge a "baby brother".

I think there was also the factor that Finn lost his mother, and he could not forgive his father for not only going after his friend Jackie but also for marrying so soon after the mother died. 

Honored Contributor

@RainCityWoman wrote:

What about Jackie's betrayal? Finn was in his eaarly 20's and had a relationship/friendship with her. Yes, they slept together the night before the wedding, but I believe Finn thought she would call it off, but she didn't. She was older than he and also I think may have been his professor. I see most of this being on Jackie, not Finn.

Completely agree. Jackie was already an established journalist doing a story on residents; that's how they met. Finn told Gregory he had met someone he was interested in but he didn't tell his father it was Jackie. Why didn't he tell him after he introduced him to Jackie? She supposedly had a policy not to get involved with someone with whom she was doing a story but there was always afterwards.

I also agree with those who say this whole storyline is weak. Add that to and totally unnecessary.

April is Autism Awareness/Acceptance month.
Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

Jackie/Finn and the past.  I so enjoyed reading all of the responses to what some of us call "a weak storyline" at best.  Regarding "the betrayal" as the old cliche states "it takes two to tango".  Both were consenting adults (drunk or otherwise) and it happened.  Waiting for whom to say/declare what is not IMO important.  Either have a heart to heart talk (before the deed and before the wedding) or forever hold your peace after you made your choice and go on with life.  IF (and especially way back then), you are going to introduce "a friend" to your Dad with whom you feel an attraction, ahhh wouldn't you mention something to your Dad?

Personally, the "concocted" s/l of Finn being so upset with his Dad marrying again soon after his mom/wife died made a lot more sense than Finn's "guilt" over the night before the wedding and Jackie's subsequent pregnancy.  

How long will it be until another DNA test(s) are done and voila, Finn and Chase are back to being brothers.  BTW, oh brother!!!!  :womanlol:

Super Contributor

Sad to say that after watching General Hospital for almost 44 years there isn't one storyline I am interested in watching. Some of them start off with an interesting premise or characters. There is never a satisfying end or payoff for sticking with a storyline. The good guys have no brains or edge. Port Charles has become a sad, pathetic, and depressing place to live. No heroes. No respected institutions. The worst hospital in the world. Even the chief of police is under the mob's thumb. My favorite characters have lost their integrity, strength, or spunk. 😴

Respected Contributor

@Lipstickdiva  Happy Birthday to you!!!!!!!!!!

I would give everything I own just to have you back again.......David Gates of Bread