Esteemed Contributor

@corita Maybe I'm not being fair to Giada. She reminds me of a former friend who was more interested in being a friend to husbands than their wives. Sorry, but they could be sisters.... 

"I took a walk in the woods and came out taller than the trees." Henry David Thoreau
Respected Contributor

Can't believe next wk is the finale.  Who will it be?  I say Jason or Matthew.  Jason has the personality and he can describe his food so well and so does Matthew who I know really wants it.

As for this weeks episode, Amy finally got sent home.  She did well in the mentor challenge but that darn energy got her down in the end.  Poor Rusty, I felt so bad for him but he made it through.  He needs to tone down his voice.  He's a big guy w/a big voice.  LOL

Giada, you need to change your wardrobe for next year please.  I'm tired of looking at your cleavage. 

Valued Contributor

I hope Jason wins. He cracks me up. From comments I have read on this & other boards is Matthew irritates and annoys more people than he entertains.

I was surprised at how long Amy was in the competition.

cookin

Honored Contributor

Re: Food Network Star

[ Edited ]

@SWEET  @Pandalady

Well Amy's mistakes caught up with her and she was sent home....I mean really not including chips when one of your combo elements is nachos....come on chips are one of the main elements of nachos---she could have fried those torillas she found and eliminate something else in her dish to make up the time................

I think Rusty is on thin ice and probably will be the next to go.......

Which gives us the standoff between Jason and Mathew....Please please please I want Matthew to leave he just annoys me with his arrogance.....  It seems that all the challenges are being geared toward his strength which is the internet and he's used to doing that which is unfair to Jason.............Woman Frustrated  Sorry Food Network I just won't watch Matthew!!!  

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Respected Contributor

@Spurt wrote:

@SWEET  @Pandalady

Well Amy's mistakes caught up with her and she was sent home....I mean really not including chips when one of your combo elements is nachos....come on chips are one of the main elements of nachos---she could have fried those torillas she found and eliminate something else in her dish to make up the time................

I think Rusty is on thin ice and probably will be the next to go.......

Which gives us the standoff between Jason and Mathew....Please please please I want Matthew to leave he just annoys me with his arrogance.....  It seems that all the challenges are being geared toward his strength which is the internet and he's used to doing that which is unfair to Jason.............Woman Frustrated  Sorry Food Network I just won't watch Matthew!!!  

@Spurt, ITA with what you said about Amy's mistakes finally catching up with her.  I basically thought the same thing when she went home.  I think Matthew suggested to make some? 

Poor Rusty.  LOL. 

I think Cory & Amy are competing to come back to the finale.  Everyone else was eliminated from Star Salvation.

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

I thought Amy was so scattered in some of the cooking demos. I also think Rusty will be next.  I do not like Matthew at all.  He may be a good cook, but he is so conceited!!! A bit of humility would play well for him...  

I do like Jason.  I like his demeanor.  I know some do not like his accent. But I know people from that area and they all speak with that regional tongue - strong accent and those area expressions.  

Respected Contributor

@Spurt  I so agree with you. I would not watch a show hosted by Matthew.  He's like a bad penny that keeps showing up.  He's had so many chances...more than others.  Jason needs to win!Cat Very Happy

I'm not short...I'm fun size!
Esteemed Contributor

I was pleased to see Amy go home this past week. She was such a space cadet. I found her to be very annoying. I believe Rusty will be next to leave because he is just not consistent enough and has a tendency to get tongue tied during live presentations. I was not a fan of Matthew. He comes off as a self entitled brat. However if I had to choose between him and Jason, I would have to pick Matthew.

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

I may have jumped the gun and said next wk is the finale.  I think it's the wk after?   

Valued Contributor

I hope Jason winns!  I would watch his show.   Glad I'm not the only

"fuddy - duddy" LOL!!!!   about Giada's choice of clothes. 

I feel sorry for Bobby.  He sits there all stone faced.  It has to be bad for all the guys to not try to pay attention to her. 

Same goes for Jennifer Lopez.  She is a judge on the Boy Band show.  She has to drape all the fake hair artfully over the fake cleveage and readjust it in front of all those boys.  GAG!   IMHO of course.