Honored Contributor

FETAL SURGERY RESCUES KOURTNEY KARDASHIAN'S BABY

While I don't follow the Kardashian doings, this item in the news touched me.  She revealed that her unborn baby has had a life-threatening condition, that required emergency fetal surgery.  Her husband Travis Barker flew back from his tour to be by her side, during her and their baby's ordeal.

That must be a very harrowing situation.  Imagine the tiny surgical implements, which must be wielded so delicately on the baby in the womb, no less.   Kourtney and husband thanked God for the success of the procedure, and they left the hospital hoping for a safe continuation of the pregnancy.  Best wishes to them for the healthy birth of their little son.

Trusted Contributor

Re: FETAL SURGERY RESCUES KOURTNEY KARDASHIAN'S BABY

@Oznell Absolutely amazing what doctors are able to do these days; hope all continues to be good for the baby.

Respected Contributor

I dont Care about anything to do w that family.

Don't understand those that follow what they

do. 

Valued Contributor

@colleena wrote:

@Oznell Absolutely amazing what doctors are able to do these days; hope all continues to be good for the baby.

You are so correct about the amazing medical care available now. My granddaughter was born by emergency c-section at 30 weeks gestation. She was only 3 pounds, the tiniest baby I have ever seen. Only her parents were allowed to see her. It was very difficult for us to see pix of her hooked up to all the wires and machines.She was lost among it all. The doctors and nurses in the NICU were fantastic. We are now planning her 1st birthday and what a celebration it will be! 

Respected Contributor

@ellaphant wrote:

do. 

This is about a miraculous surgery on an innocent baby.

Honored Contributor

@ellaphant wrote:

do. 

@ellaphant.  Surely even you could muster a modicum of sympathy for an innocent unborn child?   All you're doing is demeaning yourself in the eyes of your fellow board members.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Highlighted
Respected Contributor

@embgm   I am so glad that your little preemie granddaughter made it through and I hope that she has an absolutely wonderful first birthday! I was born 3 months early at 2 pounds and my parents visited me everyday in the hospital until I was able to be released after gaining 3 pounds about 2 and a half months later.  I was a strong little preemie and beat the odds and I bet your granddaughter did the same.  Happy birthday to your small and mighty little granddaughter Smiley HappyHeart

Respected Contributor

I have read the news story about how Jackie and JFK lost one of their premature babies, and then how as president he authorized millions of dollars to learn how to treat the illness, so future babies could survive.

Modern medicine is remarkable, and I wish the best for all little ones and their families.

Respected Contributor

I'm so happy for Kourtney, Travis and their unborn son.   I hope she has a safe and healthy delivery!

Respected Contributor

@embgm @Happy birthday to your precious little granddaughter!