Respected Contributor

Re: FETAL SURGERY RESCUES KOURTNEY KARDASHIAN'S BABY

Poor little baby, now he has a chance at life!

Honored Contributor

Last year I watched a tv special called Baby Surgeons. I believe it was filmed in England. Prior to that I didn't realize that babies were operated on in the womb. This special was extremely difficult to watch because many of the parents had to make heartbreaking decisions and ended up losing their children. In most of these cases the mother was pregnant with multiple babies. Some of the children did live. Kourtney was fortunate that they were able to save her baby.

QVC Customer Care

Esteemed Contributor

I hadn't heard about the surgery on Kourtney and Travis's baby.  So glad the surgeon's were able to address the issue successfully!  

Knowledge is knowing that a tomato is a fruit, but Wisdom is knowing not to put it in a fruit salad.
- Author Unknown
Honored Contributor

Kourtney is 44, this was probably considered a high risk pregnancy from the start. 

Respected Contributor

@Oznell  Thank you so much for your kind words!  My parents called me a "little fighter" because I was a strong little preemie and my parents are very glad that I made it and I'm glad that I made it too.  It's miraculous that you survived too- you faced the adversity of being born a preemie and beat the odds and I'm so glad that you made it too Smiley HappyHeart! Its such a stressful experience for families of preemies and for the preemies themselves to make it through, but I'm very glad we're a-ok in the end. I firmly believe that the love and support from parents and the whole family, nurses and doctors really help preemies make it through.  :Heart

Respected Contributor

@embgm wrote:

@colleena wrote:

@Oznell Absolutely amazing what doctors are able to do these days; hope all continues to be good for the baby.

You are so correct about the amazing medical care available now. My granddaughter was born by emergency c-section at 30 weeks gestation. She was only 3 pounds, the tiniest baby I have ever seen. Only her parents were allowed to see her. It was very difficult for us to see pix of her hooked up to all the wires and machines.She was lost among it all. The doctors and nurses in the NICU were fantastic. We are now planning her 1st birthday and what a celebration it will be! 

My twin granddaughters were in the NICU for about a month, they were around 3.5 pounds each, such tiny girls.  They are strong 12 year olds now.  I am glad your granddaughter is doing good.  We were allowed to visit and hold them rom the start but things may be different now with covid.

35 years ago I had a friend that had a 1 pound 11 ounce baby girl, that was scary!  She looked the size of a little barbie doll.  She is a tall, smart 35 year old now.

Esteemed Contributor

how wonderful the things they can do nowadays .  Babies are a blessing and they are blessed that there baby will now continue to grow and have a healthy birth .   

Respected Contributor

@spumoni99  That's wonderful that your twin granddaughter preemies and friend's preemie made it through!  Twelve year old twins living a great life and a 35 year old who is enjoying life- strong little preemies turned into strong teen girls and a strong lady Smiley Happy. Speaking of dolls, when I was a preemie and got to go home, baby clothing was still too big for me so my Mom shopped at a toy store and bought me baby doll clothes to wear for the first month or two Smiley HappyHeart.   

Trusted Contributor

[ Edited ]

@ellaphant 

In your defense, I don't think you meant anything by your post and I'm sure you of course wish the innocent baby well ! 

This was an interesting, heartwarming medical story.

I get it, when I hear about the Kardashians and other celebrities I am instantly turned off. 

I really dislike our celebrity worship in this country/world.

"We can judge the heart of a man by his treatment of animals" -Immanuel Kant

"Once you have had a wonderful Dog, a life without one, is a life diminished"-Dean Koontz