Honored Contributor

Re: Discovery Plus: Streaming

I'm not paying another penny for television entertainment.  Especially what I see as the options.  Probably just as many reruns, too.

“You can’t wait until life isn’t hard anymore to be happy”. (By Nightbirde, singer of the song, It’s Ok)
Trusted Contributor

I am kind of bumming because I will have to pay extra for soemthing that is currently included in what I pay for now.  If the service I am paying for would drop their rates (I realize that is not going to happen) then I might pick it up.  I am on a fixed income so cannot afford to be nickle and dimed to death so I am a little more discriminating about what I choose for entertainment.

Honored Contributor

I have no interest in signing up for Discovery Plus.

I noticed on the ad it states "starting at $4.99". That doesn't sound good to me because I can't help but think the price will go up without much notice.

Honored Contributor

No, we are not paying for this. Cable is way to high already with tons of shows we don't even watch. They keep changing channels, taking away shows I watch and have old tv shows on so many channels. The only old shows I will watch are Columbo and Frazier. Cable is a mess here.

Honored Contributor

@granddi 

I was questioning the same thing as you!  I'm not clear on this either???  I think I pay a ton on my cable bill as it is and I don't want to pay any more than I already am. But I am hoping that things that I currently watch and enjoy are not being dropped from my plan and then being put on this Discovery + thing for the additional charge!  If so, not cool!  Here we are stuck at home and watching more t.v.!!!  

"A day without sunshine is like, you know, night." - Steve Martin
Esteemed Contributor

@proudlyfromNJ wrote:

No, we are not paying for this. Cable is way to high already with tons of shows we don't even watch. They keep changing channels, taking away shows I watch and have old tv shows on so many channels. The only old shows I will watch are Columbo and Frazier. Cable is a mess here.

I know, cable is awful and I have no interest in HGTV unless it's free.  I would rather watch The Heat of the Night on Cozi tv than pay for Discovery plus.  All these channels and I find nothing interesting to watch half the time.  Columbo fan here, though.  It's on a lot now.

Respected Contributor

There might be some content I'd be interested in but not enough to spend an extra $5. I'm not sure this new service will be successful.

Honored Contributor

I noticed the ad campaign has shifted a bit. It now has a large "B a r e s All" sign and mentions that several times during the ad. Also giggling that "they can't show that on regular TV".

Guess they are trying to appeal to a wide audience range.