Trusted Contributor

Did you hear the song Kathie Lee Gifford sang with Brett James?

It made number 1 on itunes.  It was also on the Hoda and Kathie program.  She sang that live at the WH and her voice was so good.  You will not be sorry you found this song.  Brett James wrote Jesus Take the Wheel that Carrie Underwood sang. 

Honored Contributor

Re: Did you hear the song Kathie Lee Gifford sang with Brett James?

[ Edited ]

I heard her but I don't remember the name of the song?

Oh, no I didn't hear her sing that but just went to youtube-

Its called "He Saw Jesus" written by her  (and co-written with Brett James) to honor her husband Frank and his"going home."

Now i see why it was #1

Its a beautiful song but you cannot watch it without crying. She was so emotional naturally and was crying.

I watched her sing it on the Today video.

All the proceeds go to Samaritan's purse.

"If you walk the footsteps of a stranger, you'll learn things you never knew. Can you sing with all the voices of the mountains? can you paint with all the colors of the wind?"
Honored Contributor

http://www.hallmarkchannel.com/national-christmas-tree-lighting/videos/kathie-lee-gifford-brett-jame...

You can take the girl out of Jersey, but you can't take Jersey out of the girl. Jersey Girl living in CNY.
Honored Contributor

POP CULTURE Kathie Lee Gifford performs song she wrote for husband Frank to 'honor his memory'

Kathie Lee Gifford performed a song she wrote to honor her late husband, Frank Gifford.

“I hope it brings hope to people,” she said on TODAY Thursday before performing, “He Saw Jesus.”

“So many people loved Frank. So many people still do. I wanted to honor his memory with it, but I also wanted it to do some good in the world,” she said.

See Kathie Lee Gifford debut her new song 'He Saw Jesus' on TODAYPLAY VIDEO - 4:51
See Kathie Lee Gifford debut her new song 'He Saw Jesus' on TODAYPLAY VIDEO - 4:51

All proceeds from the song, which is available on iTunes, will go to the international relief charity, Samaritan’s Purse.

Frank Gifford died on Aug. 9, 2015, at age 84 inside the couple's Connecticut home.

“I found my husband on the floor one beautiful Sunday morning,” Kathie Lee recalled to her TODAY co-anchor, Hoda Kotb. “I said this was the look on his face — and I said, ‘He saw Jesus, and Jesus took his breath away.’”

Kathie Lee recounted the story to her song's co-writer, country musician Brett James, when the two met earlier this year and told him: “'One day, some day, I’m going to write that song.' And Brett looked at me and he goes, well, let’s write that song.”

Kathie Lee Gifford explains the genesis of her new song, 'He Saw Jesus'PLAY VIDEO - 4:13
Kathie Lee Gifford explains the genesis of her new song, 'He Saw Jesus'PLAY VIDEO - 4:13

James later “tricked” Kathie Lee into recording the song, she said. She originally thought she was only taping a demo track for someone else to cover.

But Hoda said James made the right call.

“Only you can sing this record because it’s about you and Frank,” she said.

"If you walk the footsteps of a stranger, you'll learn things you never knew. Can you sing with all the voices of the mountains? can you paint with all the colors of the wind?"
Honored Contributor

She has a beautiful voice, from her heart.   Heart

'More or less', 'Right or wrong', 'In general', and 'Just thinking out loud ' (as usual).
Honored Contributor

@puttypiesmom@ROMARY@dmod nj-

Oh I see, this is the song "Jesus is His Name"

I listened to the one they just wrote together-"He saw Jesus" (you will need a whole box of kleenex but it is beautiful and encouraging)

Trusted Contributor

I’ve always loved Kathie Lee and her singing voice, but I do not care for “He Saw Jesus.”  Singing about finding your husband dead on the floor with a big smile on his face is weird.  

Highlighted
Trusted Contributor

@TenderMercies wrote:

I’ve always loved Kathie Lee and her singing voice, but I do not care for “He Saw Jesus.”  Singing about finding your husband dead on the floor with a big smile on his face is weird.  

While I'm sure she meant it to be uplifting, I found it to be morbid and could not listen to the whole thing.  

Respected Contributor

She also wrote and performed Jesus is his name with Brett and sang it at the lighting of the White House Christmas tree last week and it hit number one on Utube and then she had done He saw Jesus a few weeks ago and it went number one also. Both of them are really good.

Respected Contributor

@TenderMercies wrote:

I agree. Creepy.