Honored Contributor

Re: Designated Survivor

[ Edited ]

I sort of lost interest and stopped watching this one. Maybe I'll check it out on demand. I didn't care for the wife, but don't know if I like the show, overall, enough to try to catch up.

In my pantry with my cupcakes...
Respected Contributor

Re: Designated Survivor

[ Edited ]

@Jannyg wrote:

It was a shocker of an ending last night.  Didn't see that coming.  I'm sorry they did it.

I know.  I missed last Week, fell asleep.  The whole Fire story line was lame I thought.  From a high note to BAM!

Honored Contributor

@Jannyg

wOW! What a shocker!!!

preds 06-21-20
"Always be thankful andyou'll have more than you know."
Honored Contributor

The wife annoyed me and her wig annoyed me.  That had to be a wig.  It was like 80s hair.

===================================
QVC Shopper - 1993

# IAMTEAMWEN
Regular Contributor

Did not expect that ending.  Might make things a little more interesting though. Wasn’t really a fan of the wife anyway.  Wonder when the Prez will get hit with a sexual harassment allegation.

Honored Contributor

I usually don't nitpik tv shows as I don't require they be real or have a basis in reality.  

However, I thought it was odd they called him directly to tell him on his cell phone vs calling his detail to take him to a private room or wait until they were in the car.

Much more dramatic in the hallway, but not what I would expect for a POTUS.

===================================
QVC Shopper - 1993

# IAMTEAMWEN
Honored Contributor

@stevieb I'd stopped watching it the last few episodes.  Then I gave it another chance and watched the last two episodes.

I'm glad I saw the last episode.  I didn't care for the wife either.

Respected Contributor

I love this show.  Everytime he gives one of his speeches my DH and I look at each other, so moved, and say now that is how a President should sound and act.  I wish we had a President like his character.  Someone with such integrity, compassion, a true sense of fairness, warmth and just overall amazing.  Oh well, I can dream can't I?

Esteemed Contributor

I laughed when Lyor told that girl that no one wants to hear them sing that song...No one.

Respected Contributor

I'm happy the wife is gone as I never could warm up to her. I read the actress who plays Alex Kirkman had plans to go to another show on Hulu and the writers knew this months ago. I guess they had to come up with how to write her out of the show.

They haven't said yet whether the accident was just an accident or not. Will be interesting how they write storyline for a widowed President.

Formerly lainey since Shop Talk days. Had to change nickname due to new Forum