Honored Contributor

Deadly Recall and Murder Chose Me on the I.D. Network

So...I'm thinking people like Homicide Hunter so much and it gets good ratings  is why these two shows exist.  More detective musings on their past re-enacted cases.

First off, neither  Rod Demery (Murder Chose me) nor Pat  Postiglione hold my interest like Joe Kenda does. He is incredibly astute about human nature and clearly is very smart and wise.  The best part is his dry sense of humor; I have many laugh-out-loud moments from his comments.  E.g. "They call him Psycho?  A psycho is exactly what I'm lookng for."  LOL!

I will say Rod Demery holds much interest much more than Postiglione does in his new show Deadly Recall.  Demery comes across as a very decent guy (as Kenda does) who is a hard worker and clearly has great skill as a detective.  He just doesn't seem as "Shakespearean "wise" about human nature as Kenda does, and he doesn't have the wry sense of humor which endears Kenda to me.  Demery is good, though, and I like (but don't love) his show.

Deadly recall is another story.  I find Postiglione boring and not offering much.  The gimmick of the show is his photographic memory but OK, big deal.  I just don't think Pat is very interesting - his comments about the crimes are pretty banal and don't enlighten me to something I haven't already concluded on my own.  And he is repetitious - repeating points because he has little else to say I think.  I think his show is a snooze-fest, and I don't like how at the end of every show some victim's relative lays a bunch of kudos on him.  I've seen maybe half a dozen shows at most of Homicide Hunter where someone praises Kenda's work, and he doesn't really toot his own horn that much (although he certainly is deserving of it).  

I'd rather they just make more episodes of Homicide Hunter and cancel Deadly Recall.   OK to keep Murder Chose Me on the air but it's no Homicide Hunter either.

Respected Contributor

Re: Deadly Recall and Murder Chose Me on the I.D. Network

[ Edited ]

Updated: Just realized the post had moved!

I really like Kenda and Demry...they are good detectives but have totally different personalities. I have only watched 2 episodes of Deadly Recall and must admit I am not overly excited. Hopefully, the pace can pick up and the show producers do more to add some flare to slow moving episodes.

Honored Contributor

@GAQShopr53 wrote:

@Pearlee  Did you mean to post in LOGO by Lori Goldstein? I was going to respond but thought maybe you were going to move to another forum so I would wait.

Hi @GAQShopr53    No, I'm embarrassed to say I didn't mean to. I've already asked the Mods to move this thread, realizing my mistake as soon as I posted (but thanks for the alert also).   They haven't moved it yet but I'm sure they will. Thank you too for your interest.

Honored Contributor

@Pearlee , I am not a fan of Deadly Recall either, it is rather boring!

Esteemed Contributor

This is a little off topic but just skip if not interested. I was watching the channel reelz the other day. I came across murder made me famous. It was about Melissa Drexler The Prom Mom. This was the year I moved to Japan so that is why I missed it. The re-enactment was mind blowing. The whole story was just mind blowing. If anyone gets the chance to watch it as they repeat it , watch it.

Wrong is still wrong just because you benefited from it.
Respected Contributor

@Pearlee I love Joe Kenda and also Murder Chose Me.  Like crime shows in general, especially the "it really happened" type like these are.

aroc3435

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@aroc3435 wrote:

@Pearlee I love Joe Kenda and also Murder Chose Me.  Like crime shows in general, especially the "it really happened" type like these are.

aroc3435

@aroc3435    Have you watched Deadly Recall?  If so, do you agree it isn't as good as those other two shows?

@Hooty  and @aroc3435  Glad you agree. 

Thanks to the Mod who moved this thread to the appropriate forum!  Smiley Happy

Respected Contributor

@Pearlee   No, I haven't seen Deadly Recall yet.  Will be on the lookout for it. 

aroc3435

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

I am an ID addict. 90% of my DVR is filled with shows from this network. I used to really enjoy Homicide Hunter, but no longer watch or record it. I like Murder Chose Me and think Rod is a great detective. I also liked I Am Homicide. Det. McFadden was funny, his one liners were priceless.

Respected Contributor

I have watched 2 episodes of Deadly Recall. It is ok, but not one of my faves.