Respected Contributor

Dateline October 4, Susan Powell Case

Oh my gosh, I am so very creeped out by her father in law, Steve.  Anyone else watching this?  I remember reading about it but did not know all of the details.  

“I heard the sound I had to follow”
In Your Wildest Dreams by Justin Hayward
Esteemed Contributor

Re: Dateline October 4, Susan Powell Case

creeped out for sure  

I don't remember this case at all

Respected Contributor

We didn't *see* most of what's being shown tonight. And her FIL was even more of a sick puppy than we knew.

What worries you masters you.
Honored Contributor

I'm recording it. I knew about how weird the FIL was. I've seen other shows that talked about that. 

Honored Contributor

I’m not watching right now, but I will watch soon. Is Powell Sr. the same man that kept graphic, lascivious, fantasy writings in spiral notebooks about his daughter-in-law? If so, then I’m familiar with this case. 

Honored Contributor

I'm not watching, but I do remember watching all about it on HLN and Nancy Grace years ago. It was a very strange sad case.

Honored Contributor

@4kitties I've lived in WA state for 10 years and have seen many local tv stories and radio discussions about this terrible case.

What that "sperm donor" did to those sweet boys made everyone sick, law enforcement folks were in tears when it happened.

There were 2 local talk show guys, Ron and Don, who were a large part of the movement to bury the children far away from "him" and people contributed money to purchase a lot of the area around their graves so NO ONE of the Powell family could be bured there. I *think" they were bured using their mother's maiden name as no one wanted "his" name on the grave markers.

It still makes me sick to think of it. Her FIL was a sick sick b a s t a r d, so was her BIL and the SIL was totally creepy.

Trusted Contributor

I didn't remember the sad ending to this story. Such a horrible shame.

Honored Contributor

Yes, I watched all of it.  He was not man enough to admit he killed his wife but rather take the lives of his two sons.  Sick.  The father was a real piece of work -- very sick.  The only one with sense was the sister and she believed that her brother killed his wife.  She was the lucky one.  To grow up with a father that twisted must have been a real experience.

kindness is strength
Respected Contributor

The Coxes didn't want HIM buried near those boys, and local police purchased adjacent plots to prevent that. But "Powell" appears on their gravestone.

What worries you masters you.