Honored Contributor

DORIS DAY COMEDIES MIDNIGHT TUES. A.M. EASTERN TCM

Screenshot_2021-03-29 The Glass Bottom Boat (1966).jpg

Midnight, wee hours Tuesday:  "The Glass Bottom Boat"  Doris Day, Rod Taylor, John McGiver, Paul Lynde, Arthur Godfrey

Actually, it's at least a quadruple feature tonight, starting with "That Touch of Mink" at 8:00 p.m. Eastern, then "The Thrill of it All" @ 10:00 p.m. Eastern (with Doris and James Garner, adorable), then my personal faves,  "The Glass Bottom Boat" and "Please Don't Eat the Daisies" @2:15 a.m. Eastern.

Frothy, comedy heaven.

Honored Contributor

Re: DORIS DAY COMEDIES MIDNIGHT TUES. A.M. EASTERN TCM

I wish TCM had made Doris Day "Star of the Month" while she was still alive.

Not sure if she was the type of person that had copies of any of her movies. But I bet she would have gotten a kick out of watching  some of her movies and hearing the introduction.

Trusted Contributor

@Oznell I cannot tell you how much I am enjoying the bevy of Doris Day movies that (because of your recommendation to watch TCM) I have enjoyed in the last month or so.

I just watched "The Thrill of it All" last week and was so impressed with the writing and plot twists and Doris Day's (and Rock Hudson's) acting.  I laughed harder than I have in many months!!

I also watched a real winner ( I think it was called "Something about Jane") and "Send me no Flowers."

My favorite, however, was Doris Day's stunning performance in "Love me or Leave Me" that was as captivating now as it was when I saw it as a kid.  James Cagney was as abusive and brash as I remembered.

I wish I had more time to see these movies but I'm watching those I remember one at a time and enjoying each immensely!!

Esteemed Contributor

I'm watching That Touch of Mink now and later The Thrill of It All.  Even though I have seen them so many times. they are still enjoyable.

Honored Contributor

@drizzellla ,  here's hoping TCM doesn't do one of their heavy-handed "explanations" before any of the films, about how they weren't properly "feminist" or something, gack!

@pdlinda,  how great!  So glad.  And I couldn't agree more about "Love Me or Leave Me".  Both Doris and Jimmy Cagney were great in that, each revealing new facets of themselves to the audience. 

@twinsister,  it's true-- I don't tire of them either, laugh just as hard each time at their hilarious hijinks...

Honored Contributor

@Oznell 

I thoroughly enjoyed watching all the Doris Day fun romantic comedies..... so much fun! Woman Very Happy

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”