Respected Contributor

Warren Beatty day on TCM Today 3/30

Just a headsup in case you're a fan of his. Today is and has been a day of Warren Beatty films on TCM. A couple of the movies have been a bit on the morose side, but interesting.

Esteemed Contributor

Re: Warren Beatty day on TCM Today 3/30

By the time I saw this post  it was  to late .  I don't know if they showed Heaven Can Wait which I thought was pretty funny  when it first came out  . I  also really like McCabe & Mrs Miller the western directed by Robert Altman   with a haunting theme song.  by Leonard Cohen.

Honored Contributor

He was so handsome in his younger days. I never realized.

Respected Contributor

Thank you but I'm a fan of Leonard Nimoy.  We have all the Star Trek discs.

He and Heston are my favorites.

Respected Contributor

@proudlyfromNJ 

FEW WOMEN were as BEAUTIFUL as Beatty when he was very young, that man was simply blindingly pretty.

I watch his films and can barely follow the plot because I'm in love with that FACE!!!!

Honored Contributor

I think the first movie of his I saw was Splendor in the Grass. I remember sitting in my parents' living room crying! He and Natalie Wood were beautiful in that. The end always gets me, when he looks out the door! *sigh*

Esteemed Contributor

@Desert Lily 

I caught bits and pieces all day of different movies.

And, as beautiful as he was, I found myself thinking he was less than a great actor.  Maybe my tastes have changed, but he just didn't engage me as he had in the past.  He seemed to be smirking and squinting all the time Cat LOL

However, I love him in The Roman Spring of Mrs. Stone, mostly because he has such an awful Italian accent.  He plays opposite Vivien Leigh and even with her star power, the movie is oddly off kilter to me.

But the scenery is amazing and I enjoy watching it when it comes on.

Valued Contributor

@beach-mom wrote:

I think the first movie of his I saw was Splendor in the Grass. I remember sitting in my parents' living room crying! He and Natalie Wood were beautiful in that. The end always gets me, when he looks out the door! *sigh*

that movie is heart-breaking. And they're both so gorgeous. I too remember watching it with my brother a million years ago. 

I'm going to have to check the app to see what's available ~ that's how I usually watch TCM. 

Esteemed Contributor

Loved him in Shampoo and Heaven Can Wait.