Honored Contributor

Clint Eastwood's New Film About Americans Fighting Terror-- "The 15:17 to Paris"

"The 15:17 to Paris", debuting on Friday,  explores the 2015 terror incident aboard a European train. In a harrowing exploit, three young American friends become aware of the menace and manage to tackle and hog-tie the terrorist bent on destroying the train and all on it.

Clint Eastwood made the always-interesting artistic decision to use the actual three men, Anthony Sadler, Alek Scarlatos, and Spencer Stone to play themselves.  He also tapped

Mark Moogalian, who wrestled an AK-47 away from the terrorist, but was still shot in the neck by an obviously heavily armed terrorist as he fled to warn others.

I have no idea if the men in question can act (but after all, they've been playing themselves all their lives!) but I'm thrilled to see this.  The actual four guys who risked their lives to foil evil and save others, get to be up there on the screen, demonstrating the meaning of courage.

Plaudits to Clint Eastwood for bringing this fascinating and inspiring story to life.  The trailer below looks promising.  There's a hint that the friends' past together might be predictive of their future deeds:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IC_lnyn2R2Q

Esteemed Contributor

Re: Clint Eastwood's New Film About Americans Fighting Terror-- "The 15:17 to Paris"

I absolutely love Clint Eastwood.   He has always reminded my sister and I of our late father, so he has a special place in our hearts.   He is such a talented man and I am so looking forward to this movie.  Leave it to him to do something totally different as having the actual people who experienced this to play themselves!    God bless those brave young men.

Honored Contributor

Re: Clint Eastwood's New Film About Americans Fighting Terror-- "The 15:17 to Paris"

Oh, boy, this sounds good, @Oznell. I'm anxious to see it! 

Honored Contributor

Me too, @Judaline.   Clint Eastwood has certain themes he seems to love to explore in films he directs-- courage, jazz, individualism and freedom.  I love film treatments of those things too!  He has a touch that is unique in Hollywood.

I'm so glad he has had this rich, later career as a director.... 

Respected Contributor

I am so excited to see it ! I did not know about the real guys starring there, I watched the trailer thinking they did a good job casting the very look alike actors ! Little that I knew....

Thanks for posting !

Honored Contributor

Looks like one to see. Thanks for posting.

Honored Contributor

I saw their Jimmy Kimmel appearance, then googled and saw them on Ellen.  This is one that hubby and I can see together, I think.

“You can’t wait until life isn’t hard anymore to be happy”. (By Nightbirde, singer of the song, It’s Ok)
Esteemed Contributor

I jsut started a post after reading rotten tomatoes. The movie didn't go over well there!! But RT has some pretty strange picks these days,....Woman LOL

Honored Contributor

It warms my heart that Mr. Eastwood hired these fine men. 

I saw part of a short interview with him and the three men.  He hinted that he would possibly consider hiring them in his other future projects/films.  (Not a direct quote.)

He seemed genuinely happy with their performances. They were being themselves, which is a 'plus', acting-wise.

'More or less', 'Right or wrong', 'In general', and 'Just thinking out loud ' (as usual).
Esteemed Contributor

Going to see this movie this weekend - can't wait.