Honored Contributor

It looks like Robyn might be gone for good.  I hope so.  I'm not sure I want Dr. Rhodes to get involved with that other doctor, though, but it looks like things are heading in that direction.  

I couldn't believe they wanted that addicted mother to hold her baby.  I would have thought someone else could hold him that way.  That didn't make sense to me.  He was going to end up with someone else soon anyway.  That was a sad way for that already sad story to end.

The Bluebird Carries The Sky On His Back"
-Henry David Thoreau

Honored Contributor

@Nicknack wrote:

It looks like Robyn might be gone for good.  I hope so.  I'm not sure I want Dr. Rhodes to get involved with that other doctor, though, but it looks like things are heading in that direction.  

I couldn't believe they wanted that addicted mother to hold her baby.  I would have thought someone else could hold him that way.  That didn't make sense to me.  He was going to end up with someone else soon anyway.  That was a sad way for that already sad story to end.

She was citing research (which I went and googled because I thought it was interesting) and it's true.

Rooming-in care for infants of opioid-dependent mothers

With the rooming-in program, the proportion of infants requiring pharmacotherapy decreased from 83.3% to 14.3% (P < .001) and the average length of stay decreased from 25 days to 8 days (P < .001). The rooming-in experience was rated favourably by participating mothers.

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC4677958/

===================================
QVC Shopper - 1993

# IAMTEAMWEN
Honored Contributor

@VaBelle35 wrote:

@Nicknack wrote:

She was citing research (which I went and googled because I thought it was interesting) and it's true.

Rooming-in care for infants of opioid-dependent mothers

With the rooming-in program, the proportion of infants requiring pharmacotherapy decreased from 83.3% to 14.3% (P < .001) and the average length of stay decreased from 25 days to 8 days (P < .001). The rooming-in experience was rated favourably by participating mothers.

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC4677958/

@VaBelle35  The article was interesting, although I didn't read all of it.  They still took the baby away from the mother after holding him for only a short time.  The foster parents would be holding him from then on.  Since they seemed to feel that was all right, I don't quite understand why a nurse couldn't have just held the baby with it touching her skin until the foster parents got there.  Still, I understand more why it was done.

-Henry David Thoreau

Honored Contributor

Because it's not about just any warm body at that point in time.  The study is saying the birth mother makes the difference in babies failing to thrive wtih birth mothers who are addicted to drugs.  There's apparently a significant difference between the birth mother and any warm body in terms of thriving.

All she wanted to do was get the baby to start responding to treatment.

===================================
QVC Shopper - 1993

# IAMTEAMWEN
Esteemed Contributor

Did anyone notice in the guest star credits that Taylor Kinney was listed first, but he wasn't in the episode?  I guess he shot his scenes, the scenes got cut but of course he still gets paid and credit.  Just my guess. 

My religion is very simple. My religion is kindness ~ Dalai Lama XIV

When the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace ~ Jimi Hendrix
Honored Contributor

@MamaWick wrote:

Did anyone notice in the guest star credits that Taylor Kinney was listed first, but he wasn't in the episode?  I guess he shot his scenes, the scenes got cut but of course he still gets paid and credit.  Just my guess. 

@MamaWick  He was one of the firemen that went in to rescue that man.  I recognized his voice and caught a brief (very brief) look at him.

-Henry David Thoreau

Esteemed Contributor

Are you sure?  Because last year on Chicago Med, he was actually a med student.  He decided to change focus from firefighting to medicine.  At the end of his run, he took an internship or residency in Hawaii.  Is he still on Chicago Fire?

My religion is very simple. My religion is kindness ~ Dalai Lama XIV

When the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace ~ Jimi Hendrix
Honored Contributor

@MamaWick wrote:

Are you sure?  Because last year on Chicago Med, he was actually a med student.  He decided to change focus from firefighting to medicine.  At the end of his run, he took an internship or residency in Hawaii.  Is he still on Chicago Fire?

@MamaWick  Taylor Kinney plays Kelly Severide.  He's been on Chicago Fire since the beginning.  I'm positive.  Google his name for a picture.  I know who you're talking about but not sure what his name is.

-Henry David Thoreau

Honored Contributor

@MamaWick wrote:

@MamaWick, you have the wrong guy.  I think you are thinking about that guy (Jeff?) who dated Natalie for awhile.  Jeff and Natalie's husband were good friends and their dating got weird.  He started off as a firefighter then all of a sudden was an intern at Med.

Taylor Kinney is definitely still on Chicago Fire and he was definitely in the episode last night.

This is the guy who played Jeff:

See the source image

Honored Contributor

Here is Taylor Kinney:

See the source image